cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel NUC DC3217BY Memory problems

Hello,

Just recently got the DC3217BY also http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0067G1N34/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Crucial 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600) CL9 SODIMM 204pin 1.35V/1.5V and http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BQ8RFAI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Crucial CT120M500SSD3 120GB M500 mSATA 6Gb/s Internal SSD also acquired the thermal pad to head off any SSD thermal issues as per support forum.

Now getting intermittent BSOD and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error on windows 8 pro.

Windows memory diag tool reports problems to contact manufacturer

Tried going into visual bios and setting memory to manual 1.3v as per this support forum no affect

Remove one of the memory modules above it works fine windows memory diagnostic tool no problems, swapped out memory modules and again windows memory diag tool reports no problem

Put them both together windows memory diag tool reports problems to contact manufacturer and after a period of time BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error happends.

Bios is up to date with

GKPPT10H.86A.0048.EB.EXE

Any help would be superb

Many thanks

G

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Employee
1 View

Re: Intel NUC DC3217BY Memory problems

Hi GordonPye,

I am sorry to hear you are having with your NUC but let me help you as much as possible.

I know that you just got the NUC and the components but is there any way to test a different RAM memory sticks? Also, can you confirm if using just one memory stick is working fine? If you use both the issue appears, I am correct?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner
1 View

Hello Kevin,

I am sorry i do not have any other RAM to try

Using just one memory stick it works fine.

If i use both the issue appears.

I also have tried both memory sticks in single configuration it works fine.

G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner
1 View

bump !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
1 View

Based on the steps done it is possible that the memory slots are not working properly when having both modules connected. Since you have the latest BIOS and you have done several troubleshooting steps, my best recommendation is to contact the place of purchase or your Intel® local support for them to help you with the replacement of the unit

0 Kudos