Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11302 Discussions

Intel NUC DE3815TYKE - USB ports

JCari
Beginner

Hello,

as I wanted to reinstall my NUC, I connected my USB keyboard to try and access the BIOS settings. Unfortunately, the keyboard seems to remain unpowered (all LEDs off) whatever USB port I connect it to. The keyboard works fine otherwise, and is the one I originally and successfully used to install my NUC.

I have also tried to remove the BIOS configuration jumper; I land on the right menu ("... [1] Suppress this menu until the BIOS Security Jumper is replaced. [2] Clear BIOS User and Supervisor Passwords.[3] Clear Trusted Platform Module ...") but the keyboard remains down whatever USB port I use.

Finally, the same behaviour remains (i.e., inactive keyboard) when I am in the Power Button Menu.

My NUC is running BIOS version 19.

Am I missing anything or is it a hardware issue?

Cheers,

Julien

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

My gut reaction would be to say that the keyboard has failed. Do you have another USB keyboard to try with this NUC?

Hope this helps,

...S

JCari
Beginner

Thanks for the quick feedback! Unfortunately not right away, but the keyboard does work fine on my laptop, and it is the same one I originally used when I installed the NUC, so I don't think it comes from the keyboard itself. I'll still try with another keyboard in the coming days to be sure.