Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

[Intel NUC DN2820FYKH] How to power off windows 7 with remote (infrared) ?

Jump to solution

Hi

With my remote I can power on but I can't power off (if I manually click the power button of NUC, Windows correctly shutdown).

Solution?

thanks

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Are you using MCE remote? In that case by default the power button sends "sleep" command. You can change that if and ONLY if you are savvy with editing your registry. To change it to send "power" instead of "sleep" open registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da" in there you'll find the hex value "ReportMappingTable" In that value change the line "0c,00,00,00,03,82,00," to "0c,00,00,00,03,81,00,"

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Are you using MCE remote? In that case by default the power button sends "sleep" command. You can change that if and ONLY if you are savvy with editing your registry. To change it to send "power" instead of "sleep" open registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da" in there you'll find the hex value "ReportMappingTable" In that value change the line "0c,00,00,00,03,82,00," to "0c,00,00,00,03,81,00,"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Not work

I'm using a Logitech Harmony remote ( I exactly set Intel NUC on it) but, in any case, the type of infrared signal for power on and power off is the same.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Since the Harmony is a learning remote, teach it the power button from MCE remote. This along with the registry change above (and a reboot of the machine after the registry change) should get you what you want.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Harmony (model 650) can learning but usually, like my case, get model information from internet; In my case I have choose exactly the model of Intel Nuc or "Windows media center SE" but I have same result.

(The infrared windows driver is correctly installed )

Can be util a software for test remote infrared commands.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Is there a non-SE version of "Windows Media Center" that you can download and use? The SE version is not what you want according to the SE thread: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Remotes-Programming/Expanded-control-for-Windows-Media-Center-... Expanded control for Windows Media Center now avai... - Logitech Forums

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I will try WMC non-SE, but, at this point ,I think is a windows driver problem. Do you know a software for test IR remote commands?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Well, since you have win 7 press the WMC button (or whatever the equivalent is on your Harmony remote). If WMC starts then the driver is working. If it does not, then you have a driver and/or remote issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I get it; Now I installed Windows 8.1 and remote command are received. The issue is with Windows 7 32bit driver.

thanks and regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted