Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel NUC HVK Random Freeze

Hi My NUC been having random freeze event on the windows boot screen. And everytime i turn off and on the machine it wont boot until I remove the SSD, enter bios to set every thing to default and saved it.. reinsert back SSD then it will boot in but still hang.

I tried remove ram or try with one pieace of RAM with same results.. is it hardware fault or I just need to reintall my windows again. Oh yea occationally instead of hang it will show Windows 10 blue screen with "Stop Code: Critical Process Died"

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post (use "paperclip", below the left bottom corner).

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

problem is i can't even enter Windows before it freeze

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. What is the version of BIOS in your NUC?
  2. Was the NUC working good before this failure occurred? What event proceeded this failure?
  3. Create Windows 10 installation USB. Use 8-32GB USB stick and Microsoft Media Creation Tool. Using this installation USB, you may try to repaire your Windows and/or reinstall Windows.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Also, if you can provide the exact model number of the SSD, that would be great.

Doc

@n.scott.pearson​ 

0 Kudos