Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel NUC Hades Canyon NUC8i7HVK Bios is messed up and videos are choppy. Is this a graphics card issue?

I purchased my Intel NUC Hades Canyon NUC8i7HVK last month. After about 15 days, viewing videos were choppy sometimes. Now this issue has become frequent and the lower part of the image would get displaced/cut while watching a movie at 720p or 1080P. The issue is more when watching UHD content. 

Note - There is no issue while playing Graphic Intensive FPS games offline or online.

Yesterday, the video started hanging suddenly and then the whole system became slow. I was unable to access task manager or restart the machine. Ultimately, i had to hard reboot the machine by long pressing the power button and that's when the trouble increased.

On rebooting, the bios display was completely messed up and is unreadable now (See screenshot). The next screen where it asks to select Windows 10 OS now has started flickering but once Windows 10 Home Loaded up the flickering stops, although Video issue still remains.

I am wondering if this is a graphics issue or some other hardware issue.

All my drivers are up to date and i also rolled them back and reinstalled the latest version again but Bios is still messed up and videos are still choppy.

Can anyone please advise how to resolve this issue?

Details below:

OS Version: Windows 10 Home

Bios Update [HNKBLi70.86A] Version 0053

Intel HD Graphics 630 Driver Version: 25.20.100.6444

Radeon RX Vega M Graphics Driver Version: 25.20.15002.58

Refresh Rate: 59Hz

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Display Connection: Connected to TV via HDMI cable.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Does the same ​thing happen if you connect to the other HDMI output?

Highlighted
Employee

Hello SidVerma, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. Were you able to check Scott's post? Let me know if you need any more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos