Clears the error on bios

But comes back any help would be much appreciated

Only thing I have not tired is jumpers but I don’t think NuC have them

Not done recovery bios either not sure that will make a difference on thank you
0 Kudos
10 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee
There are a lot of batteries that are designed - backwards - for Dell systems. Compare the colors of the new battery against the old to be sure it is correct.
Hope this helps,
...S
RSRAVI2022
Beginner
n_scott_pearson

The important question is: Have you have verified that the wire colors are correct? at the connector?

...S

RSRAVI2022
Beginner
Hello , no I have not unless I remove the plastic cover from the battery to check positive and negative are correct , you would have thought black and red would be standard for bios battery ?
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @RSRAVI2022

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

We hope that the assistance provided by the community has been helpful.

We would like to inform you that due to the Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i3SYH has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

Note: You might need to search for the proper Product Category and click on its "Show more" link if the product is not visible in the top rows.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

n_scott_pearson

Just look at the colors at the connector; you don't have to worry about the colors being used differently. 

'You would have thought..." is an assumption. In the face of something not working, always, always eliminate assumptions; they will screw you up more often than not.

Ok, if the wire colors match the original ordering (and don't follow the Dell backwards ordering), then I can only conclude that the CMOS part is failing. This is not something that you can do anything about; it may mean replacing the unit.

...S

RSRAVI2022
Beginner
Hello thank you for the info

I be really surprised the unit has gone wrong as once set the the ripen on bios every thing is working fine till I power off from mains then it will lose time only
To be honest am quite shocked at intel support them selfs

Any way I get some electrical conductive tape and make two new batteries see ifs a wiring issue that will eliminate that from the equation

Thank you
LeonWaksman
Super User

This video clip may be some help for you: CMOS battery hack 

Leon

RSRAVI2022
Beginner
Hello thanks yes see that video

Ok tired battery both ways still same issue don’t make sense

I have to lever it plugged in now I suppose
n_scott_pearson

That's because your CMOS stayed powered, via the main power supply, until you unplugged it. When you unplugged it, it then drained and lost its contents (including the current date and time).

...S