Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK audio failure latest driver

Install HD Audio driver failure error code: - 0001 no driver supported with latest driver.

Paul

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Yes, I get the same error.

What I did is to install the driver manually (using the have disk method).

IDSA still thinks you need the driver but it is installed.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi there

Also tried the manual install and it says the best driver is already installed which is a Microsoft one.

I ended up with the Microsoft one after running the installer first and after reboot.

It removed older driver with Realtek control center as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Do you know how to do the "have disk" method?

DId you compare the version number installed to the version number that is going to be installed?

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Have disk through device manager, think so.

I had the latest previous realtek driver installed that was previously available on intel skull site.

Downloaded and installed the latest new on that just appeared on skull intel site.

It uninstalled the Realtek driver, and after reboot I ended up with a Microsoft driver. IDSA downloads the same driver and now comes up with error.

In Device manager, I completely uninstall device, reboot and try have disk method and it says lates driver installed which is Microsoft one 10.0.18362.356, no Realtek control center.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

OK, use the "Have disk" method to install the driver. I did, it works.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hmm, got it now with "have disk" but with warning not to.

Shows Realtek in Device Manager, but no Realtek control center.

Dunno why Intel releases drivers like this, like the rigmarole I had to go through to install latest Intel Graphics 7529 for Hades.

Thanks Al.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi

Have the same (...) with this update.

I just choose to reinstall the previous version of the driver and I have my super sound back.

I wonder what this update brings if it isn't even able to install itself properly.

The realtek control center is easy to "reinstall".

In the c:\programs\realtek\audio\HDA folder you can find the RAVCpl64.exe file. Juste create a shortcut on it, and put it in your taskbar.

JLF

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Why do you not tell us what "(...)" means?

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

See it's been pulled from Skull download site but still shows up in IDSA.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello All

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to inform you that we have checked the behavior described in this thread and we are currently investigating this and as soon as we have more details we will be posting back in this thread.

In the meantime, you can install the Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver Version: 6.0.1.7982 which we tested on our lab and it should install without problems. This also should stop the update message from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26329/Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver-for-Legacy-Inte...

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello All

We have confirmed that the Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver with error code: - 0001 has been removed from Intel® DSA and from Intel® Download Center and we recommend staying with the current driver 6.0.1.7982.

Thank you for the feedback provided.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos