Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK - open multiplier on both iGPU and CPU cores/uncore [ring]

Hey there,

I https://photos.app.goo.gl/my29FRdvWvj1T28t1 slightly modded my NUC and I'd like to know, whether You can issue an update, which would allow cpu core multiplier and dynamic voltage offset of vCore on CPU? I have a massive temperature headroom, but no way to use it.

Thank You

Kind regards

Bryan

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK - open multiplier on both iGPU and CPU cores/uncore [ring]

Hello DarkAvenger,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

I understand you would like to check if the core multiplier can be changed on the system. For sure I can clarify that for you.

In this case, I regret to inform you the processor inside the unit (Intel® Core™ i7-6770HQ Processor) is not unlocked, meaning this cannot be done.

For further information about that matter (which processors are unlocked) please check this article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html

If further questions are present, feel free to contact us back.

Thanks,

Esteban C
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK - open multiplier on both iGPU and CPU cores/uncore [ring]

Hello there Esteban

Yeah, I kind of kind of know this. Although, with one of the earliest revisions of UEFi/BiOS, I was able to increase the clock up to 40x on each core, with next rev. it was "fixed". And it worked, although at that time it was unbearable due to temperatures, to keep it.a

So, I'll try another way. Is there a possibility to increase front side bus? From 100 to e.g. 105, or 110?ds

Thank You once more!

With kind regards

Bryan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you for the answer provided, DarkAvenger

Please notice that those sort of changes are not supported or recommended by Intel, so it would be required to check if that is possible on third party websites related to those sort of changes.

Peers at the communities forums can assist you as well based on their own experience with that as well.

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hey there Esteban,

Well, You didn't help me much in here I tell You. Oh well, I don't have time for custom UEFi/BiOSes and stuff around. I just wanted to hear the opinion of "Gigant", about this inability of even the slightest OC of the CPU in this otherwise good product.

Cheerio

Bryan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

DarkAvenger,

Due to the fact this is related to overclocking, I cannot provide recommendations about it, because it is not supported. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Feel free to contact us back if required.

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hey there Esteban

Have You seen the movie "Infinity Chamber"? It's like 99% of existing support at any random company nowadays. I suggest You see it, so You can see what kind of "support" You're providing to people. No offence meant.

Best regards

Bryan

0 Kudos