Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12334 Discussions

Intel NUC Kit NUC8i3BEH not turning on

PaulGonzaga
Novice

Hi there,
I have a new NUC8i3BEH that won't turn on. At the front panel, the disk led-indicator is on when power is plugged. See attached photo.

Any guidance is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosueO_Intel

Hello PaulGonzaga,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. When did you purchase the unit?
  2. Do you get any blinking patterns on the power LED?
  3. Have you tried different outlets?
  4. Have you tried a different power cord?

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

8 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello PaulGonzaga,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. When did you purchase the unit?
  2. Do you get any blinking patterns on the power LED?
  3. Have you tried different outlets?
  4. Have you tried a different power cord?

Regards, 

Josue O.  

PaulGonzaga
Novice

Hi @JosueO_Intel ,

1. Bought it sometime in august last year, and its been stored. I had tried powering it on several times with no luck. 

2. The led has been solid red (not blinking) but out of the blue. It has just turned on without me changing anything. Is it possible that there might be a memory error? 

Thank

JosueO_Intel

Hello PaulGonzaga,

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, is it possible to test the memory in another system? 

Also, let me know the brand and model of the memory you are using.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

PaulGonzaga
Novice

@JosueO_Intel ,

Am afraid of opening it before understanding the warranty policy. 

Tried checking warranty status but I get something like "Your product could not be located".

What would that mean?

Thanks

JosueO_Intel

Hello PaulGonzaga,

In this case, you may find our article "Warranty Information for Intel® NUC Products" useful, you can check it here: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005679/intel-nuc.html

You don't have to worry about voiding the warranty by opening the device as it is part of the troubleshooting process. 

Regarding the inquiry about our warranty center, we notice that you are not using the complete SA# number, you need to add the 3 numbers after the "-" so that the system can verify the status. 

We would also like to know if the issue has returned or if the device has been working without problems. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

JosueO_Intel

Hello PaulGonzaga,

Were you able to check the information provided in the previous post?

Let us know if you still need our assistance. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

PaulGonzaga
Novice

Hi @JosueO_Intel ,

Thanks for the support. The machine is working with no problem, so I wont proceed to open it. It looks like connecting to another power source solved the problem.

You assistance is much appreciated. 

JosueO_Intel

Hello PaulGonzaga,

You are very welcome, I am glad to hear that the issue is now solved and everything is working fine. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Josue O.