Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12514 Discussions

Intel NUC M15 EVO LAPRC710 Software Studio "This Device is not supported"

ak202
Novice

Software used to work now does not. Absolutely miserable i need a fix as it currently isn't even listed as a supported device on the software page...  Intel® NUC Software Studio Service for Intel® NUC Products

Seriously intel fix this up

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @ak202

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening with the Intel® NUC Software Studio, I will gladly assist you here. 

Did you try installing the latest Intel® NUC Software Studio version

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

ak202
Novice

Yes i have installed the latest version and it still does not work and displays "This device is not supported!"

Landon
Beginner

Greetings:

I can confirm I am having similar issues as well. I did a clean install of Windows 11 this past weekend on my LAPRC710 with the  latest Intel® NUC Software Studio version, the latest Uniwill Service available on Windows Update  (1.0.1.6) and the latest version of NUC Software Studio from the Microsoft Store.

Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @ak202

In that case, we would like to investigate this issue, so please provide us with the following information: 

1. Screenshot of the error. 
  2. Run this utility and attach the report: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

ak202
Novice

Why do we have to start a new thread? This is perfectly adequate. Also i believe the issue is in the software as it quite literally does not state support for Intel NUC M15 LAPRC710 EVO model. This can be seen in the software download i'd like this to be escalated to the developers for the software for this. I have also attached the file of logs.

Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @Landon

Please submit a new question on the Intel® NUCs community forums, and provide a detailed explanation of the situation to have a more personalized troubleshooting step for your issue and model. If you'd like, you can try my suggestions from this thread. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Landon
Beginner

Please see attached.

Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @Landon

I appreciate the information provided. 

However, you need to submit a new question on the Intel® NUCs community forums, and provide a detailed explanation of the situation to have a more personalized troubleshooting step for your issue and NUC model.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Landon
Beginner

It's the exact same issue. If you want me to go create a ticket, I'll do so as well.

Landon
Beginner

@Jocelyn_Intel - went above and over your head. Submitted a ticket.

Enjoy.

Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, @ak202

Thank you for the information provided. 

We will investigate this issue internally, as soon as I have updates, I will post them in this thread. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, Everyone. 

We found a lot of errors and also updates needed in the reports attached. There are failed driver activations too. 

We recommend you to run your system in basic mode, not virtualized, in case they are, and check the Device Manager for yellow bangs. 

Also, please make sure you have the latest drivers and BIOS version on your NUC laptop. In case you may need them, these are the BIOS Update and Recovery Instructions

If the issue persists, perform an OS clean reinstallation. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

ak202
Novice

This Laptop is very frustrating i did all the updates and still this stupid software doesn't work. The whole software driver update process is awful and terrible i had a dell laptop that came with a wonderful software suite this one doesn't even work and requires downloading a zip file every single time there is an update and manual installations for the software to not even work properly. I do not like this laptop is there a way i can return it as it is in warranty period i dislike this support a lot.

Landon
Beginner

@ak202 - After some careful testing, and wiping the laptop, it appears that the Intel NUC Studio Software for laptops is not the same as the Intel NUC Studio Software in the Microsoft Store. I managed to get it working today after spending six exhaustive hours of testing and trial and error.

1. Backed up all my data

2. Reset BIOS using Restore Method from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/735631/bios-update-for-the-intel-nuc-m15-laptop-kit... BIOS Recovery [RCADL357.0060.RECOVERY.zip]

3. Factory Wiped my Windows 11 install

4. Reinstalled Windows 11

It seemed to restore everything back to normal, including reinstalling Intel NUC Studio Software.

ak202
Novice

Hi Thanks for the information which intel nuc software studio did you use? Could you please send me a link on the source for the software appreciate the help. I will also reset my computer now this is a painful ordeal ha ha

Landon
Beginner

Hi @ak202 

I factory reset/wiped my entire computer. As part of the reinstallation process, Intel NUC Studio reinstalled itself with the correct version.

ak202
Novice

I see i have just reset the computer and can confirm it works. Though just as i had suspected it seems the official download page for "Intel Nuc Software Studio" Is likely not compatible with the Intel NUC m15 LAPRC 710 Laptops. This can be seen as it has not been listed as the requirements and didn't work prior to resetting computer. This is also noted as the version that i am running on Intel NUC Software Studio is Version: 1.5.19829.0 Whereas the newest version is 1.7x. It is then understood likely we did nothing wrong in our previous installation it was that intel hasn't updated Software Studio for our models. Which the support did not seem to understand and believed that it was because of various drivers which i disagree with. This is also a fundamental problem that simply getting software studio to run again requires RESETTING a computer which is ridiculous! there should be a hosted download for our computer model because that is shameful to require a reset for a core function to work.

ak202
Novice

Jocelyn_Intel

Hello, Everyone. 

Thank you for the information provided in your replies. 

We have reported this issue and now we are aware of this, we are working on a new Intel® NUC Software Studio release that fixes this issue at the beginning of January. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.