Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12509 Discussions

Intel NUC M15 LAPRC710 Charging Performance Issues

ak202
Novice

Hi when charging occasionaly my laptop will go incredibly slow and basically freeze up. This occurs randomly and not consistently. But when it happens it turns super slow and inhibits my machine usage for example it will barely even load hd youtube videos ! This is an I7 1260P! so this must be an issue, the issue typically goes away after unplugging the computer and may resume when plugged in again. I'm not sure if this is a machine fault because it has ocurred when i had just reset my computer and before that as well...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

We need more information. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. When you start the tool, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

WadeWeppler
Beginner

I'm having a fairly similar issue.  Performance seems to be very poor when the system is left plugged in and reaches its "full" state.  The battery icon continually changes between charging/not charging  every few minutes.  The event logs are also showing a bunch of power state changes every few seconds.

When it's in a "charging" state, performance seems good.  When it goes to "not charging" it seems very poor and unstable in some applications.  It also seems to be stuck at 90% for "full", not 100% as expected.

I have done a clean install of Windows 11 (twice), updated the drivers/bios and even removed the Intel NUC Studio for Laptops to see if things would improve and they haven't.

I migrated from the previous model NUC M15 (LAPBC710) and that laptop worked flawlessly.  The overall performance of that older laptop seems to currently be considerably better!

I've ran the Intel System Support Utility for Windows as outlined above and attached the output here.