Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12546 Discussions

Intel NUC M15 LAPRC710 Charging strangeness

WadeWeppler
Beginner

I posted this in another thread that is a month old and there hasn't been a response, so thought I'd re-post in a new thread.

Original thread:  https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-NUCs/Intel-NUC-M15-LAPRC710-Charging-Performance-Issues/m-p/144... 

I'm having a fairly similar issue. Performance seems to be very poor when the system is left plugged in and reaches its "full" state. The battery icon continually changes between charging/not charging every few minutes. The event logs are also showing a bunch of power state changes every few seconds.

When it's in a "charging" state, performance seems good. When it goes to "not charging" it seems very poor and unstable in some applications. It also seems to be stuck at 90% for "full", not 100% as expected.

I have done a clean install of Windows 11 (twice), updated the drivers/bios and even removed the Intel NUC Studio for Laptops to see if things would improve and they haven't.

I migrated from the previous model NUC M15 (LAPBC710) and that laptop worked flawlessly. The overall performance of that older laptop seems to currently be considerably better!

I've ran the Intel System Support Utility for Windows as outlined above and attached the output here.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello WadeWeppler,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® NUC M15 Laptop Kit - LAPRC710, I will be glad to assist you with this.

Please confirm the following information:

• Is this issue happening since you got the laptop, or was there any change/update before the issue started?
  • Does this happen 100% of the times the battery reaches its full state?

As well, when the issue occurs, please check the CPU, GPU and RAM performance in task manager to determine if there is something strange happening there.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

WadeWeppler
Beginner

Hi Steven,

Thanks for replying...

This issue has been like this since I got the laptop.  I didn't run the laptop with the stock Windows at all though, I installed it from scratch with Windows Enterprise.  I had performance issues when plugged in so I reinstalled and have the same issues.

There isn't anything out of the ordinary with CPU/GPU/RAM when running.  The only thing that's strange is system event log has a pile of events regarding power.  There is 5+ every second or 2, 2 or 3 different types of events when charging.  This is reduced when on battery, but is still there.  Only one of the event types appears when on battery, every 5 seconds or so.

The events that occur when on battery or charging are EventID: 12, Source:  UserModePowerService.  The details are:

Process C:\Windows\System32\WUDFHost.exe (process ID:4896) reset policy scheme from {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e} to {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e}

When on power, EventID: 12 occurs roughly 7 times per second.  Another EventID occurs once in that interval:

EventID: 105, Kernel-Power.  The details are simply:  "Power source change."

I hope this helps.

-wade

Steven_Intel

Many thanks for the detailed information.

I will investigate further about this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Steven_Intel

Hello WadeWeppler,

In order to proceed with the investigation, could you please provide the Event log file?

Best regards,

Steven G.

Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you were able to check our previous post. 

I just need the event log file in order to continue working on the case.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.