Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Intel NUC NUC6i7KYK Skull Canyon add on 4 Port Insert LID

Does anyone know if anything like this will come to fruition? I was told that it never got off the ground. I don't understand why as it seems like it would be a huge seller for those with Skull Canyons.

http://www.gorite.com/intel-nuc-nuc6i7kyk-skull-canyon Intel NUC NUC6i7KYK Skull Canyon add on 4 Port Insert LID

I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor II

I agree it's an awesome idea. I've been pushing for it for a few months now. I've spoken with folks from the NUC team and GoRite. It's still in the works, but I don't know how soon it'll be out, or even if it will have the same configuration. My recommendation to them was to have it be modular. If it had punchouts that could handle various ports, you could have a customized solution. If I ever get to try a prototype I'll post a review.

Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Don't tell us, tell GO-RITE!

My feedback to them us that I want one that has SSD/HDD/SSHD drive bay. It can be USB 3.0-based and still offer close to SATA performance. It can also offer the second USB 3.0 port and the two USB 2.0 ports.

...S

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello milestone1201,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

We appreciate any feedback and this is great LID for the Skull Canyon. Intel® NUC products have replaceable top chassis covers.

This feature allows system integrators and end users to replace the cover with a customized design. Perhaps GO-RITE is on the way to create this LID.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos