Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH2 - Bean Canyon how to disable Intel Speedstep Technology

Hi, I try to plug via Thunderboalt cable an interface UAD Apollo X4 . But it is required to work perfectly to turn off the "Intel speedstep Technology" But I didn't find it inside the Bios.

It would be really nice if you can explain me how to disable it?

Thanks for your time, have a great day

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

1. You may disable the Intel SpeedStep Technology in Advanced > Power > Primary Power Settings.
  2. Uncheck the Max Performance Enabled and the Intel Dynamic Power Technology and Processor Power Efficiency will appear.
  3. Set the Intel Dynamic Power Technology to Custom. The Intel SpeedStep Technology (and additional questions) will appear.
  4. Now you can uncheck Intel SpeedStep Technology.
  5. FYI, setting Intel Dynamic Power Technology to OFF, disables both - Intel SpeedStep Technology and Intel TurboBoost Technology.

Leon

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your clear response. But I still have the same issue even with Intel SpeedStep Technology turned off.

UAD ask me to run my PC trough the software HWiNFO64.exe to analyse my PC and they confirm me that Intel SpeedStep Technology is still on.

But I find it in the Bios as you can see on the picture below and I turned it off.

Now I am even more confused there is an other hidden option to turn off?

Tanks for your help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. In the setting shown on your Bios image, setting Intel Dynamic Power Technology to OFF, disables both - Intel SpeedStep Technology and Intel TurboBoost Technology. As far I know, there are no other settings hidden, except the mentioned in my post above.
  2. Are sure about the HWiNFO64.exe indication? It is indicating the actual status of Intel SpeedStep Technology or the support for this function?

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi, I really appreciate your help

Here is the report of my HWiNFO64.exe . It' s written that is present but not active ? you can see that on the picture below.

Best

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

Ok I find the report (pix Below) were that shows that Enhanced Intel SpeedStep (GV3) is enabled , but on the bios it's disabled???😵 (turned off as you can see on the pix )

Maybe it is something to do with the GV3?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @GRosa7​ ,

1. I've performed this test on NUC8i7HVK (I don't have NUC8i7BEH). Disabling the function Intel SpeedStep Technology worked as expected. Please see the attached images. One image you may see that after switching the Intel Dynamic Power Technology to OFF, the Intel SpeedStep Technology and Intel TurboBoost Technology are disabled. On the second image you may see that both functions are enabled. However after switching the Intel Dynamic Power Technology to OFF, I needed to enable the Intel TurboBoost Technology manually.
  2. How I did this: First I've set the Intel Dynamic Power Technology to Custom. Next, I've unchecked Intel SpeedStep Technology. Finally, I've set the Intel Dynamic Power Technology to OFF, although it probably wasn't necessary.

Leon

enhancedFeatures_Enabled.pngenhancedFeatures_Disabled.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Ok Thanks a lot again😃 I will try this on Thursday when I go back to my studio and let you know if it works 👍

0 Kudos