Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12303 Discussions

Intel NUC Software Studio Error

Rew452
Novice

Since installing Intel Studio I've been getting the following error in Windows Event Viewer:

Repeats about every 3 seconds and throwing about 1000 per hour.

Is there anyway to fix?

Tried uninstalling, rebooting then installing again, no difference.

Event 3, IntelNucSoftwareStudioServiceLogSource

An item with the same key has already been added.

Rew452_0-1641554209964.png

0 Kudos
103 Replies
Rew452
Novice

Another thought is, as this is a new Win10 installation, am I missing some  libraries such as Visual C++ or Dot Net version?

JosueO_Intel

Hello Rew452,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. 

In this case, it is important for you to know that this is expected behavior. The Intel® NUC Software Studio creates a "group of apps" and in order for it to work, the service must be running at all times. 

Regards,

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

Rew452
Novice

OK, so how does that help the problem that I am seeing with this error repeat were it can have 1000 hits in less then an hour?

Event 3, IntelNucSoftwareStudioServiceLogSource

An item with the same key has already been added.

Thanks

JosueO_Intel

Hello Rew452,

Thank you for the quick response, in this case, there are no errors in the system as this is expected behavior. Due to the service always running, the event viewer will show the logs the app generates and that is why you can see all the way to 1000 logs per hour. 

Regards,

Josue O.  

BHarr8
Valued Contributor I
Rew452
Novice

Hi Josue,

So you are saying having these errors in Event Viewer is considered Normal behavior for NUC Software Studio?

If so are there plans to consolidate programs so as to stop throwing errors?

Certainly this is a messy way to do it or so it seems to me.

Rew

BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

When I reported this the error was caused by upgrading the initial builds of the MS app and service component.

A fresh install where I started with the newest version of both did not show this error.

Let me go check my NUC right now to see if the error came back.

EDIT:

My error is also back it seems. I was able to get rid of this once with a fresh install but it looks like something updated and the error is back. This is likely due to installing a newer NUC software studio service over an older one and the installer forever trying to create a new key that already exists.

I posted my screenshot above.

ZXFace
Beginner

I've got exactly the same issue.

Have spend the past few weeks setting up my new NUC11PHKi7 and I get the same Error entry every 2 seconds.  I've uninstalled the NUC Software Studio app and the NUC Software Studio Service, and reinstalled but this makes no difference.

The error log continues to be flooded with these "An item with the same key has already been added" errors.

The only way to stop them is to shut the app down and stop the service - that is not a fix.

BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

I'm going to do a clean install tonight or tomorrow and start with the latest builds of the service and app. The last time I did this the errors went away but came back the next time I updated them.

I'll report back if this confirm the problem.

JosueO_Intel

Hello everyone,

Thank you for participating in the thread, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your devices. I will check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Regards,

Josue O.  

Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking into this issue but need some additional help from the community, please see below:

Software Studio.png

Regards,

Ronny G

Rew452
Novice

Hi Ronny,

Actually I found that if I only install the utility from Intel Download center I don't get the NUC Software Studio App., it only seems to install the service. I then had to install from MS Store and then I would get the App and could see and use NUC Software Studio.

It almost seems like it is a 2 part install. If this is not correct then I would suspect the NUC Studio install from Intel Download Center is the problem.

Oddly the NUC Utility reports the installed version as v1.21.17111.0, while the version listed on the Intel Download is said to be v1.4.22.2.

I have included SSU log file

ZXFace
Beginner

Hello Ronny,

SSU log attached.  I've only had Software Studio running for about 5 mins since restarting the service and app (if that matters).

When I installed the service/app a couple of weeks ago, I downloaded Intel_NUC_Software_Studio_Service-v.1.14.22.2.zip from the same link you posted above, installed that and then downloaded the NUC Software Studio app from the Microsoft store. 

When I uninstalled the service and app (after seeing all the errors), I decided to install the Studio app from the MS store first.  That complained the service wasn't running, so then installed the service (running NSSServiceInstaller_v1.14.22.2.msi that was extracted from the zip file).

Regards.

BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

This is a 100% fresh install, only updates and drivers installed.

I manually installed the NUC Software Studio Service.

The Windows app installed automatically, there was no need to install it manually. This has always been the case on a fresh install and is independent of installing the service. As soon as I connect my NUC11PHKi7C to my network after a fresh install, the NUC Software Studio installs automatically.

Log attached:

BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

I think I also need to say something for the record since I was in the software industry for decades.

If any of our users came to us with an insanely easy to repro error I would not be asking for logs. I would just repro the problem and honestly there is no chance in hell a problem like this would ever make it through QA.

I first reported this problem months ago and it looks like no one cared to look into it if its still happening now.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-NUCs/NUC11PHKi7C-no-longer-supported-by-Intel-NUC-Software-Stud...

That's an August thread. A lot of us have the feeling that everything that isn't gen 12 is going to have little to no support going forward, even gen 11.

Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

We are currently investigating theis issue and I will get back to the community as soon as possible.

Special thanks to @ZXFace for providing the additional information.

Regards,

Ronny G

Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

We are still investigating this issue but we haven't been able to replicate it yet (see image below).

Can you please provide me with the "setupapi.dev.log" file from your system? This file is available at C:\ > Windows > INF

Also, the NUC Software Studio requires all device drivers installed to work properly. Can you please run Intel DSA https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html and make sure all drivers are updated?

PH Soft_Studio.jpg

Regards,

Ronny G

ZXFace
Beginner

Hi Ronny.  Plenty of errors still showing, DSA is up-to-date.

I see you are running Windows 20H2, while I think those who are seeing the errors are running the latest version - 21H2.

setupapi.dev.log is attached.

Thanks.

ZXFace_0-1642188705180.png

Rew452
Novice

Hi Ronny,

I have attached setupapi.dev.log and have always run Intel Driver Support Assistant, it is loaded on Windows startup and it reports, Up to Date.

If you need anything else, just ask.

Thanks

JosueO_Intel

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the information provided, we will continue investigating the issue and post back soon with more details.  

Regards,

Josue O.