Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11305 Discussions

Intel NUC does not post

MarshallNorris
Beginner

I have a Intel NUC, has been working great for several years as my Plex server running Fedora.   It rebooted the other day after 234+ days straight, now when power is connected the fan on the device spins to a maximum speed and it doesn't display anything to video.  The power button also doesn't force a reboot or do anything.

Is this characteristic behavior of when these devices die after running straight for years?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Can you share with us the NUC model number?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

MarshallNorris
Beginner
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I won't say there is a pattern, but I have seen this problem occurring previously with this NUC model. Essentially, the HDMI port is dead. have you tried using DisplayPort?

...S

AndrewG_Intel

Hello @MarshallNorris

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to inform you that due to the Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i7RYH has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

You can verify this product's discontinuance status at the following link:

Intel® Product Specifications > Product Status > "Discontinued".

Also, please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician