Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12325 Discussions

Intel NUC i5-1135g7 HDMI stopped working after standby

Tingyao
Beginner

I'm using dual monitor with displayPort + HDMI on my Intel NUC i5-1135g7.

The HDMI output often (every day) stops working after windows standby.

Need to reboot to restore HDMI output.

I have tried to set DP as 1st output and HDMI as 2nd output in BIOS, but it does not help with this issue. 

All Win10 and Intel updates currently available are installed.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Tingyao

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, could you please provide us with the following details?

1- Just to make sure we understand correctly, when both monitors are connected at the same time, the issue only occurs with the HDMI* monitor, and the one connected via DisplayPort* wakes up and works fine even after Windows* standby. Is this correct?

2- Did the system work fine before with this configuration (Intel® NUC + cable + monitor, etc)? Or are you experiencing this issue since the first day that you have the system/setup?

3- If this worked fine before at any moment, were there any recent hardware or software changes that might relate to the point when the issue started? (for instance, Windows®, driver, BIOS, or monitor firmware updates?).

4- Just to make sure, are you using a straight-through connection HDMI-to-HDMI with a single cable to connect the computer to the monitor? Or are you using video adapters, cable converters, dockings, etc?

5- Monitor brand/maker, and model:

6- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Tingyao
Beginner

1. Yes, both monitors are connected (by DP and HDMI respectively). I have tried to swap the monitor,  but it's always the one connected to HDMI that losses signal. 

2. No, I noticed the issue a few days after buying it.

3. No.

4. Standard HDMI male-to-male cable without any converters or adapters.  (Tried to change cable but same)

5. Dell 2412M and Eizo ev2460 (swapped)

6. Attached

And I would like to correct that, when the issue occurs, the windows does not go to standby mode. (Only the monitors goes to power-saving mode)

AndrewG_Intel

Hello Tingyao

Thank you for your response and for the information.

We would like to clarify some details regarding the monitors.

1- When you said one monitor is "Dell 2412M" do you mean "Dell* U2412M"? We were not able to find online documentation for 2412M but only for U2412M.

If the actual model is U2412M, as per Dell's website it only comes with DVI, DisplayPort* (DP), and VGA connections.

Does this mean that the Dell* monitor is the one you connect (only) through DP and the Eizo* EV2460 is the one you connect through HDMI? Is this correct?

2- Also, when you said "Eizo ev2460 was swapped", do you mean you tested another HDMI® monitor of a different model/manufacturer? Or did you swap the "Eizo ev2460" monitor for another identical? (same model?)

Also, please kindly try the following steps to make sure the drivers are properly installed:

A- Check with the monitor(s) manufacturer is if there are drivers or firmware available for your monitors (a.k. .inf files) and install them if there is any pending update.

The monitor's driver (.inf file) supplies configuration information and the operating system (OS) uses the file to implement the plug and play (PnP) features of the monitor. If you see the monitors under Device Manager > Monitors listed as "Generic PnP Monitor" this could be an indication that the customized drivers for them have not been properly installed.

It seems that for the Eizo* EV2460 there are some drivers and software available on their website. We recommend verifying with their support team.

B- Perform a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows* to reinstall the latest customized graphics driver for your Intel® NUC: Intel® Graphics DCH Driver for Intel® NUC Kit 11th Gen Version 27.20.100.9415.

During the process, please make sure all steps are followed, including disconnecting from the Internet and making sure you get to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter before trying to install the graphics driver.

Please kindly let us know if the issue is solved or persists.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Tingyao
Beginner

1. Yes

2. I did swap my Dell and Eizo and I forgot to mention that I have used an adapter to convert HDMI to DVI in order to output HDMI signal to Dell.

3. A: No firmware update available for my monitors

B: Done re-installation of the VGA driver.  Need a few days to check the result.

Thanks!

Tingyao
Beginner

After 2 days testing, the HDMI (to DVI) monitor still loses signal after standby.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello Tingyao

Thank you for your response and for the feedback regarding the test.

Please allow us to investigate this further and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as more details are available or in case additional information from your environment is required.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hi Tingyao,

We tried to duplicate this issue with 4 different monitors and weren't able to do so, we used the below monitors:

• Dell* U2312HM
  • ASUS* PA32UC
  • Samsung* QN50Q80TAF
  • Planar* PXL2760MW

Did you try any monitor that doesnt exhibit the issue?

Unfortunately, I can't think of any workaround for this issue, if you are not happy with the product please give us a call https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html#support-intel-products_98414:9841... and make reference to case #05255272 so that we can try to find an alternative solution.

Regards,

Ronny G

AndrewG_Intel

Hello Tingyao

We recommend following Ronny's advice and reaching out to Intel® Customer Support directly through phone or chat to review warranty availability and options for your Intel® NUC.

Here is the "Contact us link" (under the tab "Support for Intel® Products", click on "Intel® NUC").

Please make sure to select your country or region and to contact us within your local business Support hours and to make reference to the case number.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.