Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWeis11
Beginner

Intel NUC is randomly freezing for 1 second every now and then in normal operation of the PC. I move the mouse around typing or clicking on buttons and it'll stutter/pause for 1 second and then continue.

-I've checked CPU & RAM usage. Both are low & there is no CPU spike when this happens.

-I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Intel HD & AMD graphical drivers

-It's a relatively new PC with not much software installed but I've run multiple virus scans anyway

-The pause affects audio input and video. Video will stutter. Mouse will stutter. If I'm on a call my microphone cuts off briefly.

-I've used "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" to make sure all drivers and firmware is up to date, including the BIOS.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JWeis11

After all the information that we have and the steps that we have taken our recommendation is contacting you Intel® Local Support for warranty options (https://www.intel.sg/content/www/xa/en/support/contact-support/apac-contact.html) or if the unit was bought in less than 30 days you can refer to the place of purchase for the 30 days warranty.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

Alan_J_T
New Contributor I

Hi have been away for a bit but got your same problem stated after I did the latest Windows 10 update to 1903

I found that if I disabled most of start up items it seems to have fixed the problem.

will drop in a pic so you can see what I have disabled

Got no Idea what caused it to start but was either the Windows Update or Xbox App Or the new Xbox Game Bar as they are only things that have changed I think

For NUC freez stalling.JPG

JWeis11
Beginner

This is definitely the AMD Radeon drivers. I've figured out watching some random guy on youtube how to disable the windows auto install of drivers and now that I've removed the radeon drivers there's no issue. As soon as I reinstall them the problem comes back shortly after. Unfortunately though the intel hd graphics 630 doesn't seem to support 3 screens only one, so is there any way to avoid using these dodgy / buggy radeon drivers?

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JWeis11

Thank you for the update, can you test the driver on the following link https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-rx-vega-series/radeon-rx-vega-series/radeon-rx-vega-6... and test the behavior on the system?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

JWeis11
Beginner

It has been good for 2 days since installing this version of the drivers.

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JWeis11

I am glad to hear that you have not has the behavior in Intel® NUC.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

jruz
Beginner

I had the same problem, in my case the drivers installed by the Intel driver & support assistant were the problem.

I installed the latest driver from AMD and the problem was resolved.

JWeis11
Beginner

This exact same problem has returned after I made the mistake of upgrading my graphics drivers using the intel update tool. Now I'm on the Intel Radeon drivers and the PC is doing intermittent freezing again when moving the mouse. Unfortunately, the link previous provided to AMD's Radeon drivers no longer supports this RX Vega in the NUC.

Not sure what to do. Other NUC I have is fine.