Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mirceavlad
New Contributor I

Intel NUC10 - Headphone/Mic Combo Output not Working

Jump to solution
Hello members,

This is my second topic regarding my new Intel NUC10i5FNH mini PC running
OS I'm using is Windows 10 Pro Build 19042. All drivers and BIOS are updated with the latest available versions.

The Issue:

It appears that the front jack/mic combo is not working. I've inserted a pair of headphones and windows doesn't recognize them, the sound icon in the task bar has the red x mark on it.

Also in Setting / Sound, under Output devices - nothing. 

If I connect my my Bluetooth speakers they work fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mirceavlad
New Contributor I

The most unexpected solution did it for me, and now the FP jack is working as it should.

I uninstalled the Realtek audio driver from control panel.

Then searched the drive C for the keyword "Realtek" - deleted everything it could find.

And that's all. Jack works fine, I have no Audio driver installed. It's hilarious.

View solution in original post

Tags (3)
10 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello mirceavlad,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us a the below report:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Also, provide us with a screenshot of the red "X" in the task bar.
  • Did you test the headset in a different device or a different wired headset on the NUC? Please provide details.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

mirceavlad
New Contributor I

Hello Maria, thanks for the reply.

I've attached the system scan file and the screenshot of the sound icon.

Also the headphones are working, I'm using them daily on my work PC as well.

I've been browsing through NUC posts in these past few days, and it appears that a lot o people are experiencing the same issue, but I saw no solutions posted yet. Honestly, I'm surprised that this is not a known issues. In my opinion it should be a top priority, since is one of the core features of the PC that's not working at all. Would not expect this kind of failure from an Intel product.

Tags (3)
Maria_R_Intel

Hello mirceavlad,

Thank you for your feedback!

Yes, we noticed the posts and are currently looking into them, the information and scenarios all customers provided are really helpful to properly address the issue.

Can you please confirm if the issue starts after the BIOS update?

Check that front panel audio is enabled in BIOS:

1. Press F2 during the start to enter BIOS Setup.
  2. Go to Advanced > Onboard Devices.
  3. Enable the Audio setting (check the box).
  4. Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.

Download and install the latest Realtek High Definition Audio driver for your Intel NUC version 6.0.8950.1 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29213?product=189239

Please, let me know the outcome.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

mirceavlad
New Contributor I

Hello @Maria_R_Intel 

My unit is brand new. I bought it just a couple of weeks ago.

After the windows install, I've updated all the drivers and BIOS to latest versions available at the time.

So, I can't confirm it started after the BIOS update, because I hadn't used the jack before.

I can confirm though, that both audio output and mic are checked in BIOS.

The latest Audio Driver didn't fix the problem either.

Thanks

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

My NUC10i7FNH, built 09/19, SA K61081-301, Board AA K61360-301, running on Windows 10 20H2 with BIOS 47 and RealTek driver 6.0.8950.1, works just fine at the FP audio connector.

Since I was doing my usual 10 things as once (and also watching PAC-12 football game), I turned away while the BIOS 47 install was running. When I checked back, the No Bootable Device was Found messages was being displayed. I pulled power, waited 30 seconds and then restored. The NUC booted without issue. No idea what caused this glitch (Gremlins?). Regardless, installing this BIOS had no effect on ability to use FP audio connector.

...S

mirceavlad
New Contributor I

Thanks for the info @n_scott_pearson 

It's good to know that it might not be the BIOS update, that's causing the FP jack not to work.

But what could it be and why so many NUC users with the same issue?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee
Please provide same information (build date, etc.) for your NUCs.
...S
mirceavlad
New Contributor I

I've attached my system scan log in a previous post. see above, txt file attached.

mirceavlad
New Contributor I

The most unexpected solution did it for me, and now the FP jack is working as it should.

I uninstalled the Realtek audio driver from control panel.

Then searched the drive C for the keyword "Realtek" - deleted everything it could find.

And that's all. Jack works fine, I have no Audio driver installed. It's hilarious.

View solution in original post

Tags (3)
Maria_R_Intel

Hello mirceavlad,

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior.

We are still checking on this, so we recommend you keep checking other threads to verify the updates we post.

Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it

Best regards, 

Maria R.