Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11299 Discussions

Intel NUC10i5fnh ubuntu support

APand3
Novice

Hi,

I had a question regarding Intel NUC10i5FNH. Is ubuntu linux compatible with this model? I mean will all built-in hardware work along with graphics, wifi and bluetooth?  Because it shows Windows 10 as the only supporting operating system.

TIA

0 Kudos
4 Replies
noob
Novice

Well, I dont know if this answer will help you, because i just own a NUCi3fnk.

But i run a debian derivat on it, and i have no problem with graphics and wifi. Can't say anything about bluetooth, because i do not use it.

The only problem i have is with the combo jack line-in/out. This was not recognized. Neither with debian nor with fedora.

btw. before installing ubuntu, u can just run ubuntu in live mode to test everything you want. If u dont own a nuc yet, well, just buy one e.g. from a very big online e-commerce store (which also is a company for cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence and one of the big 5) and if it does not work, send it back.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @APand3 

Please read this review, the Ubuntu version 19.10 was successfully installed on NUC10i7FNH, so it supose to work also on your NUC.

Leon

APand3
Novice

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for replying late. I was facing some login problems on Intel website since past few days which seems to have now fixed.

About buying from online website and returning it, I am a bit against this because this entire process is a cost to the seller who would sell that NUC to me. And because one of my friend sells online (different category), I know how frustrating it is for him when he has no options but to accept those returns and also he is been charged for the same for no fault of his.

How about installing ubuntu on VMware and win 10 as host?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee
Ubuntu will run just fine under VMWare and Windows 10.
...S
P.S. You do realize there is a perfectly good VMM available for free with Windows 10 Pro, right? And it does host Ubuntu just fine as well.