Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12538 Discussions

Intel NUC11BTMi9 - Beast Canyon - Windows 11 - Not all Drivers installed

GWN21
Beginner

I just installed Windows 11 onto Beast Canyon (NUC11BTMi9)

It looks like most of the drivers installed.  But looking at the Device Manager I still have some unknown devices (Yellow Exclamation Triangles).

Any idea what other drivers needs to get installed?

DeviceMgr_Win11_NUC11BTMi9.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Amphi
New Contributor I
The first thing to load after windows install, is the Chipset software.
The chipset software drive logs a list of the onboard hardware. Without this installed, windows try’s to load the generic drivers but they are not hardware specific, thus the yellow bang.
Hers is a link
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19695/intel-chipset-device-software-for-intel-11th-...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Amphi
New Contributor I
The first thing to load after windows install, is the Chipset software.
The chipset software drive logs a list of the onboard hardware. Without this installed, windows try’s to load the generic drivers but they are not hardware specific, thus the yellow bang.
Hers is a link
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19695/intel-chipset-device-software-for-intel-11th-...
GWN21
Beginner

@Amphi   Thanks so much, makes sense.   

I installed the Chipset Device Software and was then left with the (2) Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller.

Then I decided to install this one to take of that:  Thunderbolt 3 & 4 DCH Drivers

Thunderbolt™ 3 and 4 DCH Driver for Windows® 10 for Intel® NUC

Now, there are no Yellow Exclamation Triangles.

Appreciate your suggestion.

Just wish they add these "Drivers" to the Windows 11 Supported Operating System "list".

All good now!

Thanks!

GWN21

GWN21
Beginner

Nothing like pulling your hair out in frustration.

Okay, so I decided to blow away the Windows 11 Install and start over.   Did the Windows 11 install, and then the Windows Update and was right back where I was in the original post.

This is for the NUC11BTMi9.

So, I installed the Chipset Driver as noted above and the Thunderbolt 3 & 4 DCH Drivers, also as noted above.

But, this time around the 'Unknown device" remains, as noted in the below screen shot.  ARGH!

DeviceManager_Driver.png

Everything else looks good, but I haven't a clue this time what to try and install for this unknown device.

Thanks.

GWN21

GWN21
Beginner

Sigh...

Found the issue.   So this is weird, I could have sworn that I used the same Chipset link and download as before.
But I also found another "older" Chipset file and I used that one and that installed the correct drivers.

It was the "Intel GPIO Controller - 34C6"

DeviceManager_Driver_FOUND.png

The Chipset Driver I 'thought' I downloaded originally was:  Chipset-Win10_Win11-10.1.18793.8276

The Chipset Drive that I also had AND used to install the Unknown device 'manually" was:  chipset-win10-10.1.18698.8258
And this one resolved the issue of the Unknown device.

Now I'm all good again.

GWN21