cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mksadf99855f
Beginner

Intel NUC5i3RYH not recognizing sata m.2

Jump to solution

I have an intel NUC 5i3RYH that I cannot get to detect my sata SSD. It does not show up in the BIOS at all. It recognizes an NVME drive, so the port is working. The model of SSD I am trying to get working is a Sandisk X400 m.2 128GB SSD. I have multiple NUC of the same model, along with multiple SSD of the same model, with always the same result, so I know with confidence that neither the SSD or the NUC is defective.

I tried the following:

Updating bios to latest version

Re-seating the drive

Unplugging the other SATA drive

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to get them working ? 

THank you!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I am not sure that is going on here. I have successfully used two M.2 SATA drives in my RY NUC, a 240GB MyDigital SSD BP5e (MDM280-BP5e-0256G) and a 180GB Intel 530 Series (SSDSCKGW180A4D).

This is likely a compatibility issue with this SanDisk drive. Unfortunately, since the RY NUCs have been discontinued, Intel Customer Support will probably decline to help you with this issue.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I am not sure that is going on here. I have successfully used two M.2 SATA drives in my RY NUC, a 240GB MyDigital SSD BP5e (MDM280-BP5e-0256G) and a 180GB Intel 530 Series (SSDSCKGW180A4D).

This is likely a compatibility issue with this SanDisk drive. Unfortunately, since the RY NUCs have been discontinued, Intel Customer Support will probably decline to help you with this issue.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

mksadf99855f
Beginner

Alright, that's what I was thinking, however I wanted to make sure that m.2 sata was actually supported. Thanks for the extra info, I'll just have to find a different drive and hopefully get it to work