I've bought two Intel NUC 7PJYH with Pentium Silver processor. BOTH of them have the same issue - there is no video signal over HDMI.
Configuration:* RAM: 2 x 4GB crucial DDR4-2400 CL17 1.2 V
* Sasung SSD 850 (120 GB) / SanDisk SSDA-120G-G26
I tried removing SSD/Memory but have no luck in getting any video signal.
1. I have 3 serial numbers on memory module:
2. I have connected my laptop to the same TV via the same HDML cable and it is working perfectly. When I boot up my NUC screen of TV flashes for may be 100 ms (black color) and then shows the same: no signal.
1. Your memory is compatible.
2. There is a possibility that your laptop is compatible with your TV while your NUC is not. So, please try connect to other TV or or to computer monitor.
Similar to equal experience here.
Connecting a Intel NUC7PJYH via HDMI to an LG Electronics 38UC99-W Monitor
I got most of the time not even a BIOS Boot Screen. The monitor does go for Standby
Turning off HDMI 2.0 Support of in Monitor Settings gives me 3840x1600 30p Resolution.
I had no issues with other HDMI 2.0 sources (Radeons, Geforces).
So the Intel NUC HDMI 2.0 Support is severely broken on (at least) this NUC.
Embarrassing for Intel, it seems they did not do any compatibility testing with
Monitors and TVs available on the market !?
Thanks for the info about HDMI 2.0 compatibility issue with an LG Electronics 38UC99-W Monitor. I observed very similar issues, mostly with Samsung 4K TVs and monitors. Looks like it's pretty hard to find a 4K HDMI 2.0 device, which is fully compatible with this NUC.