Beginner

Intel NUC7i5BNH

Will this Nuc take a 2.5 hdd?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Bobbyd00,

Thank you for joining the Intel® NUC Community. I can sure can help with your question.

Yes, this model can take a 2.5" Drive.

Check https://ark.intel.com/products/95067/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC7i5BNH Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i5BNH Product Specifications for more information.

Regards,

Amy C.

RDixo2
Beginner

Thanks, have you tried start up remotely with WOL?

Also, since it has an ir sensor, should be able to start up pc with voice activation. Has any one tried this.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Caution: while this NUC has a bay for a 2.5" drive, this drive must be no higher (thicker) than 9.5mm. There are new drives that are 15mm high - and will not fit in the NUCs!

WOL works just fine.

IR stands for "Infrared". It is a light beaming/pulsing technology. This has nothing to do with sound and certainly nothing to do with voice automation.

...S

RDixo2
Beginner

How did you set up the WOL?

The IR sensor should allow for voice control through Harmony and a combination of Amazon Alexa or Google home.

It should work the same way turning on a tv or other devices by voice. Having IR sensor will make it easier.

I know it can be done, just checking to see if anybody has figured out how to do it. Will post, if I get it figured out.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Ah, you are talking about using an IR Blaster device. Good luck.

WOL is simple. Configure BIOS to support Wake from S4/S5. In Windows, configure LAN interface to support Wake and Magic Packet (for Wake from S3). From another PC, send magic packet. Voila! Boots from S5, resumes from S3 and S4.

...S

RDixo2
Beginner

Thanks for the WOL info.

I am currently working on turning on the NUC by voice activation. I am almost there; having a problem

integrating harmony hub and Google home. The issue is that the harmony hub is so unreliable.