cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel NUC8i7BEH fan is very loud

I've just received brand new NUC8i7BEH.

Installed Windows 10 PRO, updated BIOS to recent version.

Immediately noticed cooling fan is very loud when running just regular apps. Is it known issue and how it can be solved? I'm very disappointed that brand new top quality product has such issues.

The NUC is on my desk - ventilated area, haven't tweaked any BIOS settings.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Hello @PBalz​ ,

1. Please verify that you have the latest bios installed (ver 0056). If not, please download BE0056.bio file https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28394/BIOS-Update-BECFL357-86A-?product=126140 and update your bios using F7 method https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005850/mini-pcs.html
  2. Please enter bios (F2 during boot), press F9 to set default settings and than press F10 to save settings and exit to Windows.
  3. If still the cooling blower is loud, try to replace your NUC in the place you bought it.
  4. You may also issue a form for RMA to Intel support (https://supporttickets.intel.com/servicecenter) or contact your nearest intel service by phone:

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello PBalz, I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you. Were you able to check the information provided by Leon? If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Yes my BIOS version is recent and resetting to defaults does not solve the problem.

I'm just wondering if this is know issue and would it be fixed by replacing my NUC to other? Or I am the only one noticed this problem?

I want to understand this before sending my NUC back. I've purchased my NUC from different country and sending back & getting replacement might take a while.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello PBalz, Thank you for your response. I would like to try changing the fan profile that you are currently using, you can do this within the visual BIOS of the unit, when you get there you should be able to see the fans and temperatures and a tab named "Cooling" which should allow you to change the fan control mode and you can try selecting "quiet" or "silent" and see if this helps. Keep in mind that this profile should still manage the temperature properly and even though it will allow some temperature go in before turning the fan on at a high rate it will still mostly work quietly. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello PBalz, Were you able to check my post? Did the information help? Please let me know if you need any more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos