I've just received brand new NUC8i7BEH.
Installed Windows 10 PRO, updated BIOS to recent version.
Immediately noticed cooling fan is very loud when running just regular apps. Is it known issue and how it can be solved? I'm very disappointed that brand new top quality product has such issues.
The NUC is on my desk - ventilated area, haven't tweaked any BIOS settings.
- Intel® NUC 8th Gen
Hello @PBalz ,
- Please verify that you have the latest bios installed (ver 0056). If not, please download BE0056.bio file https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28394/BIOS-Update-BECFL357-86A-?product=126140 and update your bios using F7 method https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005850/mini-pcs.html
- Please enter bios (F2 during boot), press F9 to set default settings and than press F10 to save settings and exit to Windows.
- If still the cooling blower is loud, try to replace your NUC in the place you bought it.
- You may also issue a form for RMA to Intel support (https://supporttickets.intel.com/servicecenter) or contact your nearest intel service by phone:
- U.S. and Canada: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html#@11.
- Europe, Middle East and Africa: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support/emea-contact.html.
- Asia-Pacific: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support/apac-contact.html.
- Latin America: http://www.intel.la/content/www/xl/es/support/contact-support/lar-contact.html.
Yes my BIOS version is recent and resetting to defaults does not solve the problem.
I'm just wondering if this is know issue and would it be fixed by replacing my NUC to other? Or I am the only one noticed this problem?
I want to understand this before sending my NUC back. I've purchased my NUC from different country and sending back & getting replacement might take a while.