Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel Nuc 7 Home only boots to black screen?

Intel Nuc 7 Home only boots to black screen reading Intel NUC. After 5 minutes blue LED front changes to red and then back to blue as a reboot. Its running in ventilation. Powered off and back on. Unplugged re-plugged. Nothing Help? Tech support phone call was a painful disappointment.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Please provide the proper model for your NUC. From what you've provided, it could be any of a number of models.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

nuc7i5bnk

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Is this a new build? If not, what was happening just prior to it being in this state? Did anything change or get changed? Did the, for example, monitor you have it connected to change? What about the cable you use to connect them? You indicated that you tried various power cycling operations. What else did you try? Have you tried clearing CMOS? Have you tried to get to the Power Button Menu (by holding the power button down for three full seconds when powering on)?

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Original build from 4/18. Been running fine. I didn't change anything. Same monitor. Cabling all the same and seeing the "Intel-NUC" text on the display the cable connection still good to go. Clearing CMOS - couldn't access. Tried holding power button down 3 seconds but never got to menu. Total mystery.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ok. I can only suggest that you try a different cable and, if you can, a different monitor/TV. If the problem remains the same, then you will need to contact Intel Customer Support directly and set up an RMA replacement of the unit.

Sorry I didn't have a better answer,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thx for feedback. I did go ahead and do that and still nothing. Intel RMA set up.

0 Kudos