cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MFreg
Beginner

Intel Nuc DC3217iye bios update

Hiya,

I am attempting to update a bios from 40 to 64 and it fails each time,. Now I have done this dozens of times as I have dozens of these nucs.

It fails flashing the image for Intel management engine firmware and gives

0x800000000000000E, 1661 as the fail message. Anyone know what this means? See the attached picture.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The existing ME firmware is responsible for installing its replacement. There appears to be an issue with this operation. My suggestion would be to upgrade this particular NUC using the BIOS Recovery method (see here for more details: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005532.html?wapkw=bios+recovery Intel NUC BIOS Recovery Update Instructions).

Hope this helps,

...S

MFreg
Beginner

I tried recovery mode. I get no screen output if I am supposed to. Also I waited around 10 mins.

The way I did it was removed the jumper. Boot with the USB memory stick and the sole .bio file on the stick. Waited 10 mins and rebooted thinking that is usually plenty of time. Should I see something on the screen or no during the update?

n_scott_pearson

On a Windows-based PC (i.e. not MACOS- or Linux-based), reformat this USB flash disk, using the FAT32 file system, with the Quick option disabled. After then placing the .BIO file on this flash disk, properly eject it and then try the BIOS Recovery operation again.

Hope this helps,

...S

n_scott_pearson

It's also best if this is a USB 2.0 flash disk, not USB 3.0...

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hello, Dialsoft.

I would like to double check if you were able to perform the troubleshooting steps attached above and the results.

Antony S.