Well i got this intel nuc HVK it has 16gb of ram and a 128 gb nvme. The things was awesome for about 3 months, then the skull stop working which i didnt reallycare about because i dont really care about skull. Now....after 2 months since the skull stop working the machine wont power on at all and the 3rd green button is the only thing that works. Any suggestion would help?
- Disconnect the Power Adapter cable.
- Open the upper cover (open six screws) and carefully lift the Scull LED panel.
- Disconnect the CMOS battery connector and reconnect it after 15 seconds.
- Remove the RAM modules and reset them again in the slots.
- Close the panels and reconnect the power cable. Press Power button.
- This is a link for CMOS battery: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KOKAJ2/ref=psdc_720576_t2_B07DCP26N3 . You may find additional choice searching " cmos battery cr2032 with connector". Theoretically this battery keeps RTC only, however you should have it installed.
- The NUC should be able boot without the battery also. Can you check if the Power Supply is working?
- With Power Supply connected, you should see a green standby light, looking trough vent hole, below the front left (blue) USB port.
- Remove and reinstall the SO DIMMs. Try to work with one SO DIMM at time.
- In this site, you can check a warranty coverage for your NUC. Your NUC is covered by 3 years of international warranty. You may open a ticked for RMA https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo?lang=en-US