Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11427 Discussions

Intel Nuc6i5SYK after 15 min. working is turn off with message "bios has detected unsuccessful post attempts ...."

ДДмит1
Beginner

what can i do with this problem?

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Miguel_C_Old
Employee

Hi Dmitry_K,

We need to narrow down the issue first. Did you install any new hardware or change the BIOS settings (BIOS update)?

If no, as a workaround try to reset BIOS settings pressing F9 then, F10 from BIOS.

For further assistance, let me know the current OS, memory models and current BIOS version.

Regards,

Mike C

ДДмит1
Beginner

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. Configuration is as follows:

1.CPU-DualCore Intel Core i5-6260U, 2900 MHz (29 x 100)

2.MotherBoard - Intel Swift Canyon NUC6i5SYH (1 M.2, 2 DDR4 SO-DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN, CPU, WiFi)

3. DIMM1: Micron 8ATF51264HZ-2G1A2 4 Gb DDR4-2133 DDR4 SDRAM

4.SSD-INTEL SSDSCKKW120H6 (111 Gb)

5.BIOS-SYSKLi35.86A.0045.2016.0527.1055(last version)

6. OS Win10x64 pro

Today it was again the same, turn off after 15 minutes of work, on working all day.

OOrke
Beginner

Had the same issue with a Skull Canyon NUC6i7KYK.

Updating to the latest BIOS was the solution.

Booting twice will, hopefully also in this case, prevent the 'turnoff' In the meantime.

So, log in to the operating system. And do a warm reboot.

idata
Community Manager
idata
Community Manager

Hi Dmitry_K,

If you need to replace the Intel® NUC Kit, contact our support center.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Regards,

Mike C
ДДмит1
Beginner

Hi Mike,thanks again for reply. I also looked eventviewer, post event after reboot was Event ID: 41.

ДДмит1
Beginner

Mike, how can i diagnose Nuc, to find the cause?

ДДмит1
Beginner

Together with my colleague, we have found the cause of the computer off after 15 minutes of work. The reason was just off the Bluetooth in the BIOS. After the inclusion of the item in the BIOS error has disappeared.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Dmitry_K,

I have tested this NUC model with Windows10 and it works with Bluetooth and WLAN disable. Let me know if you updated the BIOS with the recovery method (removing the BIOS configuration jumper).

Let me know if you have any other customized setting in the BIOS.

Regards,

Mike C
ДДмит1
Beginner

Hi Mike, BIOS not updated with recovery method (removing the BIOS configuration jumper). Try to turn off NUC with disabled Bluetooth and on NUC by power button.

Miguel_C_Old
Employee

Hi Dmitry_K,

Thank you for your update. Please re-install the latest BIOS 0045 using the recovery option (jumper out).

Let me know how it works.

Regards,

Mike C

idata
Community Manager

Hi Dmitry_K, Thank you for your update. Please re-install the latest BIOS 0045 using the recovery option (jumper out).

Regards,Mike C
idata
Community Manager

Hi Dmitry_K, Thank you for your update. Please re-install the latest BIOS 0045 using the recovery option (jumper out).

Regards,Mike C
ДДмит1
Beginner

Hi Mike. I have NUC with BIOS 0045 with the same problemm. Therefore there is no sense to re-install the BIOS.To diagnose problemm most importantly turn off bluetooth in BIOS, save the changes, boot into the OS, and turn off the computer. Then turn it on with the power button and wait for 15 minutes. And you will see the above-named error

idata
Community Manager

Hi Dmitry_K,

I tried to replicate the issue with BIOS 44 and 45 and the system is working properly. I have tested it for more than 2 hours.

The next step will be the replacement of the NUC, you can do it using our support team through the website:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Regards,

Mike C