Updated bios to 48.
When legacy boot is enabled it freezes on post screen (showing intel logo and boot options). It doesn't boot any drive (nvme or usb) and doesn't respond to keyboard commands (such as F2, F7 etc) unless it is Ctrl+Alt+Del.
I have performed bios recovery twice (using the jumper removal method), still doesn't help.
1. Is your legacy boot enabled? What is the status of UEFI boot? What boot type did you choose during Windows 10 installation?
2. Can you enter bios settings? Please attach an image of Boot Configuration.
1. Yes the problem exists when ticking legacy boot. UEFI boot is still enabled. It isn't a windows 10 installation, its a hackintosh. But the problem appears early at post with the system being non responsive to either keyboard commands or booting from other devices (ssd, usb).
2. when the problem appears (by enabling legacy boot) I can only enter bios via holding down the power button for 3 seconds.
3. I believe this happens on my Nuc while others haven't experienced it and theirs is working fine by booting UEFI while also having legacy boot enabled.
I am glad i found this post!
Let me try and explain the problem:
I have one sata and one 950 pro nvme. On the sata i have vmware installed, and on the nvme i have a windows installation.
Until now i have used the nuc with vmeare booting the sata drive.
I then added the nvme, wanting to use it as a datastore.
With the default bios settings:
When just the sata drive is in, the nuc boots fine.
When both the sata and the nvme is installed, the nuc boots, but the screen goes all after the F2/F7F10 screen has finished
If i enable legacy boot (both drives installed) the nuc hangs on the F2/F7F10 screen and is unresponsive. The only way to enter the bios is to physically remove the nvme.
When just the nvme is in, the windows installation boots fine.
I want to make use of the nvme, and there is no data i want to keep..
I should mention that I have two other nuc`s (same version).
One with a nvme and another with a m2 sata and a sata.
Thanks for any thoughts!