Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12538 Discussions

Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V Problem on NUC11PAHi5

FR4
Novice

Hello

I have had my new NUC for one month and it doesn’t have a stable Ethernet operation.

Indeed, for an unknown reason and without disconnecting the network card, the data flow is interrupted in both directions up and down. it freezes

This event occurs about once or twice a day and at the end of the day when using Voip software (eg Discord)

Only the deactivation and reactivation of the device allows to restart the data flow

It's very annoying to have to monitor the network activity to be sure to be heard.

I have made several attempts to correct this problem in view of the discussions about the problems with this controller in the forums on the Web but for the moment nothing changes.

Do you have an idea?

I attach the SSU report.

Regards,

FR4

0 Kudos
5 Replies
FR4
Novice

Hello to all

Here is some news
I continue my research and I discovered that by moving the RJ45 connector in the socket of the NUC the link is cut or restored or goes to 100Mb/S.
I can now say that it is a material problem of contacts in the wire or in the socket.
Still, I never had this problem with my old NUC5
I will test with a new 15m long cable!
I will probably change my 15m network cable in the next weeks and will keep you informed.
See you later.....

FR4

DeividA_Intel

Hello FR4,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with your Intel® NUC 11 Performance kit - NUC11PAHi5.

I will be waiting for the results of your tests so do not hesitate to let me know if you need any help.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

FR4
Novice

Hello everyone
Well, I think I found
There is an intermittent contact in the RJ45 socket
With a new cable and new plugs, no more problem for the moment.
In any case the NUC is not to blame.
See Image 1 : very thin wires with low quality crimping
See Image 2 : Wires with correct section and crimping without compromise.
It was not easy to find.
Problem solved
Good continuation to all
FR4

DeividA_Intel

Hello FR4, 

I am so glad to know that you were able to fix the issue. I will proceed to close this thread since you solved it, however, if you encounter any other issues do not hesitate to open a new thread to get proper support.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

FR4
Novice

Hi

Ok No problem you can close this thread

The NUC ethernet work fine now

Thank you