Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
11855 Discussions

Intel(R) Management Engine Interface #1 and Intel(R) iCLS Client error when updating in Device mngr

Nathanielharper
Beginner

Hello Intel community, I am having a peculiar and frustrating issue. Today, I was updating my drivers through the device manager on my computer. I usually update these drivers by downloading them either off of Microsoft Update Catalog or my manufacture's website, in this case, I download the Intel(R) Management Engine Interface #1 and Intel(R) iCLS Client drivers off of the former. Now, the reason why I downloaded the two drivers from the update catalog is because they're the most up to date ones, compared to the ones here on Intel's site which are older. Anyways, with the driver in device manager I update it by selecting Browse my computer for drivers -> select the folder with the drivers or Browse my computer for drivers -> Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer -> select driver -> Have disk. Usually this process works well, as I've updated all my drivers this way. However, the two mentioned above didn't work with either method. I even tried the "search automatically for updates" which told me I already had the best drivers, which is false. If anybody could help me resolve this issue, I'll be indebted to you. My system is an ASRock Z490 Taichi chipset too. Please advise. Screenshots are below.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Nathanielharper, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Have you followed the installation steps from ASRock?

2. Have you followed the installation steps from Microsoft? some ".exe" files do not need to be updated via the device manager.

3. What is the processor model that you are using?

Also, I would like to let you know that if your computer is working properly there is no need to update the drivers.

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

DeividA_Intel

Hello Nathanielharper,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

DeividA_Intel

Hello Nathanielharper

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,    

Deivid A.