I'm using the Intel Watchdog Timer Utility v220.127.116.11 with a NUC8 Essential and cannot stop the settings window of the application opening when the system restarts.
In the 'Advanced' tab of the application, I have unchecked the option 'Always show WDT Utility Settings on system restart' and succesfully saved the settings. But it makes no difference, the settings windows always opens whenever the device is restarted.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.
In order to better assist you, please provide the following:
1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.
· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
2. Have you updated the windows version?
3. Is the issue recent or old?
4. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the Intel® Watchdog Timer Utility?
- Intel® NUC Watchdog Timer Utility: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29076/Intel-NUC-Watchdog-Timer-Utility
- steps (Manual Uninstall page 13): https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29076/eng/Intel%C2%AE%20Watchdog%20Timer%20Utility%20User%20Guide%20v1.2.pdf
Intel Customer Support Technician
Please see my answers below;
1) The SSU output is attached.
2) Windows 10 is the latest 20H2 version with all updates installed.
3) It is a new issue. The NUC was recently purchased and a fresh install of Windows 10 was performed. The watchdog timer utility was then installed and the problem appeared.
4) Yes I have completely uninstalled the Wachdog Timer Utility and reinstalled. It made no difference, the problem still occurred.
I would add that the actual watchdog functionality appears to be working. It's just that the settings window of the utility application opens everytime the computer is restarted. Unticking the option in the advanced tab should stop the window from displaying, but it does not.
It appears to be a small bug in the utility application. However, we can't have the settings windows open upon restart because it covers/hides the window of the main application it's monitoring. So we have to disable/remove the watchdog application purely because of this small bug.
Thank you for the information provided
I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details or to ask for more information if needed.
Intel Customer Support Technician
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
We were able to replicate the issue and bug report has been filed with engineering, the issue has been acknowledged and priority set to "medium" due to no impact on the functionality, hence, we don't have a specific date for resolution.
Please let me know if you have any comments.
I am going to be closing the internal ticket created to investigate this issue since the resolution is in progress but we cant provide an estimated time of completion, please stay tuned for updates on Download Center.
Feel free to post any additional comment you may have and it will reopen the case.
I was wondering if there has been any progress on this issue?
It's been quite some time and there haven't been any updates to the software, the bug is still there.
It's unfortunate because this bug prevents us using the software at all.