Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Intel Wireless AC 9260 constantly disconnecting

I can hardly describe the frustration I feel after dealing with this issue for an entire year with no resolution. I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 which has been a mistake to say the least. Previously my wireless connection would randomly go out every few weeks for a couple minutes. But recently I got a replacement wireless card as stated in the title and the issues have only gotten worse. Now I can get a connection for maybe 1 minute before being kicked off. This has been on multiple wireless networks over the last month.

Troubleshooting: I have done the ipconfig stuff a lot. Updated to latest 21.90.3 driver from Intel's website. Troubleshooted the wireless. Reinstalled drivers. Reset network. And tried to change a few advanced settings in the driver to no avail. Most often the troubleshooting window says it is a gateway or DNS issue. This is on both 5g and 2g networks. And happens a lot after I reset the computer. My windows software is up to date and I recently got a bios update from lenovo.

• Yoga 730 15IWL
  • Intel i7
  • 16g ram
  • 64 bit operating system
  • Installed windows 10 home 12\11\2019

Please send me any tips, tricks, or solutions. I almost threw the laptop across the room. Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re:Intel Wireless AC 9260 constantly disconnecting

User1592862674614886, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Why did you replace the Intel® Wireless card in the first place?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Did you check with Lenovo to make sure the Intel® Wireless card is fully compatible with their computer?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted

User1592862674614886, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello User1592862674614886, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos