Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Intel® Wireless Technology-Based Driver for Intel® NUC Version: 19.60.0, issue installing

I have the NUC7i3BNH, on the driver download page the latest wifi driver is 19.60.0 but I cant update from 19.50.1.6.

I tried manually and driver package but get the message that latest driver is installed and it stops, any ideas?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Open Hardware Manager and uninstall the currently installed driver (19.50.1.6). Disconnect the Ethernet cable (if one is connected). Install manually the latest driver (19.60.0) .

Hope this helps

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Slightly improved process:

1. Disconnect the Ethernet cable (if one is connected) and/or disable wifi (if it is attaching). Alternative: I just power off my router temporarily.
  2. Open Hardware Manager and uninstall the currently installed driver (19.50.1.6).
  3. Reboot.
  4. Install the latest driver manually (19.60.0).

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

ok, some success I think after following these steps.

When updating driver I have to select from list of installed (let me pick) then I can select 19.70.0.5 (I installed that one)

Have to mention I have 1703 slow ring build and it defaults to driver from microsoft 19.50.1.6.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi,

What I meant is that after uninstalling the old driver, you shall install manually the downloaded latest driver from Intel site (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26475/Intel-Wireless-Technology-Based-Driver-for-Intel-NUC... Download Intel® Wireless Technology-Based Driver for Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BN, NUC7i5BN, and NUC7i7BN ), rather to let windows install one. After uninstalling the old driver, do not reboot the NUC, because windows will reinstall the old driver. You shall double click on Wireless_Win10_64_19.60.0.exe and the new driver will be installed. You will be not asked to choose driver version and the latest driver (19.60.0) will be installed.

By the way, since you have disconnected the Ethernet cable and the old wireless driver is uninstalled, you don't need to disable wifi (it is already disabled without driver) or power off the router neither.

Regards

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I tried that and it does not work. Uninstalled the 19.50.1.6 from microsoft, and uninstalled intel from control panel. Then install 19.60.0 and the card then comes up in device manager with the microsoft 19.50.1.6 driver..

maybe only option is to remove it from the driver store.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

I've tried now to update my NUC with the 19.60.0 version.

- Have downloaded driver from Intel site.

- Executed the manual installation by double click on the installation .exe. I've started the installation without removing the old driver.

- When the installation started I have chosen the "Upgrade" option (since I got old driver installed).

- The installation process was successfully ended and I was asked to reboot my NUC.

- Checked in Hardware Manager and the new version was installed (19.60.0.7).

Do you have all other drivers updated? Have you installed Management Engine Consumer Driver? Do you have Chipset driver installed?

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

well, heres another issue:

my management interface driver is 11.7.0.1014, latest on download page is 11.7.0.1017 but cant install that either. Just gives option to uninstall or repeair when running it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Choosing "repair" shall be OK.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

well, this is just silly.

I uninstalled drivers and software for intel management.. not connected to the net.

Got the mark in device manager that driver was missing, then installed 11.7.0.1017 it looked fine but device manager states it is 11.7.0.1014

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

11.7.0.1017 is the version number for the entire ME software package. 11.7.0.1014 just happens to be the version number for the ME driver that is included within this package. These version numbers differ because changes had to be made to other entities contained within the package, but the driver itself didn't need to change.

A similar issue keeps coming up when folks are installing the Intel HD Graphics driver package. This package has an overall version number for its release, but the package actually contains two drivers, one for Intel HD Graphics and one for Intel HD Audio (which supports the audio output streams for DP and HDMI) and each of these drivers has its own version number. If, as an example, the Intel HD Audio driver had to change but the Intel HD Graphics driver did not, you will see a package released with the existing Intel HD Graphics driver and the new intel HD Audio driver. This package will obviously have a new (incremented) version number, but this version number will not coincide with that for either of the drivers in the package.

Plain as mud?

...S

0 Kudos