Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel bluetooth driver 21.80.0 & new 21.90.2 create unknown device (IBT_USBFilter_00) in device manager (help!)

My previous old driver 21.70.0.3 is working fine and doesnt create unknown device Ibt_usbfilter_00. Its impossible to find this driver because hardware ids are blank + clicking update driver wont find anything in windows database for drivers (windows update). Intel please fix this or provide solution. Thank you!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

bluetooth driver error.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sib3riX, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the specific model of the Intel® NUC?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Besides creating an unknown device, is there any other problem, is the Bluetooth connection working properly?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello,

What is the specific model of the Intel® NUC? I dont have NUC but bluetooth inside my motherboard (bluetooth model Intel Wireless-AC 9260)

Is this a new computer? 1 year old

Was it working fine before? Yes and still working

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? Updated to new bluetooth driver

When did the issue start? After updating 21.80.0.3 driver or new one 21.90.2

Which Windows* version are you using? Windows 10 build 1909 with last CU

Does the problem happen at home or work environment? Home

Besides creating an unknown device, is there any other problem, is the Bluetooth connection working properly? There is no problem but i wonder why new drivers create unknown device when driver version 21.70.0.3 dont.

My motherboard model is MSI MEG X299 Creation: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MEG-X299-CREATION#down-driver&Win10%2064

Im not alone with this problem unknown device (IBT_USBFilter_00). I also seen recent report on some gaming forums after updating new bluetooth drivers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sib3riX, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Just to confirm, how did you install Windows* on your computer? 

Where did you get it from?

We noticed that in "Device Manager" the "Bluetooth feature" is not showing, if you connect a Bluetooth device, like for example a speaker, is the Bluetooth showing in there or it still shows as "other Devices"? Please provide a picture of it.

Additionally, please install Intel® Chipset driver version 10.1.18228.8176 and Intel® Management Engine Driver version 1846.12.0.1177, once you get the chance, please let us know the results:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MEG-X299-CREATION#down-driver&Win10%2064

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Just to confirm, how did you install Windows* on your computer?  With windows media creation tool ( windows 10 build 1909 with last CU)

Where did you get it from? Microsoft webiste (original windows not pirated)

Im using old bluetooth driver because of this "bug" with hidden device. I also have all drivers up to date including those you posted. I dont know how can i fix this on my end. Old drivers dont create this only new ones. Bluetooth is working normal but it creates this hidden device (other devices) that im unable to reslove.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sib3riX, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those details.

If you connect a Bluetooth device, like for example a speaker, is the Bluetooth feature showing in "Device Manager" or it still shows as "other Devices"? Please provide a picture of it.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Sib3riX, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello, Albert R.

Yes i did. There is no fix on my end and even when i connect my Phone or any other bluetooth device USB_Filter_00 is still there. This is driver bug that should be fixed in future (hopefully soon).

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Sib3riX, Thank you very much for sharing those updates.

Just to confirm, the wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

If that is the case, are you using a PCIe adapter to connect the Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 card to the board?

Please provide a picture of how you are connecting the Intel® Wireless card to the board?

And also a picture of what the "Device Manager" is showing while a Bluetooth device is connected to the computer.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hey, AlbertR_Intel

Thank you for telling me to check my Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 card on my motherboard. It was disabled in bios but bluetooth was working somehow 😅 . Sorry for wasting your time. Everything is back to normal. Feel free to lock this forum post.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Sib3riX, Thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the Bluetooth problem got fixed by enabled it in the BIOS of the board and now the feature is working properly.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos