Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12526 Discussions

Intel driver & support assistant always tells me update are available then I find non lol

Adam35
Beginner

I get the red dot to tell me there are a number of updates available, it takes me to the download page, does a scan then the red block appears saying something went wrong lol so what does this mean? Are there vital updates I need on my nuc or not? there is an exclusion list link so is it that pinging my nuc? confusing.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Adam35,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. The browser you are using.
  2. Latest Intel Driver & Support Assistant log files: using File Explorer: go to folder = C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or entire folder.

Note: Uncheck Hide System files to see the ProgramData folder.

Check this link for instructions on how to show hidden files:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

Also, please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

DeividA_Intel

Hello Adam35,  

After checking your case, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please provide me with the information requested. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

JosueO_Intel

Hello Adam35,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.