Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11283 Discussions

Intel driver update utility

dwstanley
Beginner

Does Model NUC10i7FNB (Version: K61360-302) BIOS Version 0047 not support the Thunderbolt software? After updating my BIOS the first time, the Intel driver update utility kept trying to update the Thunderbolt software but kept failing/would not install. Not sure the BIOS update had anything to do with this because I recently purchased the NUC.  I looked in the details for the update and identified the update was not for my NUC model, however the intel driver update utility kept detailing it as an update. After reading some post about Thunderbolt I uninstalled it, but this didn't stop the Intel update utility from wanting to update it. Please help.

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_V_Intel

Hi dwstanley,

Thanks for your response.

Merry Christmas you too! I appreciate you let us know the outcome, I'm glad to know that there are no more errors after the last steps you performed.

After checking your report, looks to be your system is up to date, couldn't find any relation with the Thunderbold error, however, I also recommend trying the BIOS Recovery by Security Jumper if the issue persists https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005636/intel-nuc.html.

Also want to share with you some related topics for Thunderbolt issues, Troubleshooting Thunderbolt™ Issues on Intel® NUC https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030689/intel-nuc.html.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jose_V_Intel

Hello dwstanley,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community. 

Based on the information that you provided and in order to better understand your issue please provide the following information: 

• Provide a screenshot of the error while trying to update.

• Does the issue only occur for the Thunderbolt update or for the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant?

We will be waiting for your answers.

Regards.

Jose V.

dwstanley
Beginner

Good afternoon Jose,

Thanks for looking into this for me and Merry Christmas.

The error I was getting when trying to perform the update for the Devices and Drivers was "Failed", sorry I didn't capture a screen shot, but now I cannot.

Since sending in the message about my problem I did a couple of things and the issues seems to have cleared up.  After uninstalling the software, I went into device manager and removed the Thunderbolt(TM) HSA Component, and Thunderbolt(TM) Toast Component under Software component, and the Thunderbolt(TM) Controller - 15E8 under System Devices.  I then had the system scan for hardware changes and reinstall them.  That didn't seem to work either.

After that I (since I had uninstalled the Thunderbolt software), I went online and downloaded the latest version of the software, installed it, rebooted and no more errors.  While I don't completely trust that everything is okay, I have saved and uploaded the file you asked for.

Thanks for your help!

David

Jose_V_Intel

Hi dwstanley,

Thanks for your response.

Merry Christmas you too! I appreciate you let us know the outcome, I'm glad to know that there are no more errors after the last steps you performed.

After checking your report, looks to be your system is up to date, couldn't find any relation with the Thunderbold error, however, I also recommend trying the BIOS Recovery by Security Jumper if the issue persists https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005636/intel-nuc.html.

Also want to share with you some related topics for Thunderbolt issues, Troubleshooting Thunderbolt™ Issues on Intel® NUC https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030689/intel-nuc.html.

Regards.

Jose V.

View solution in original post