Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel management engine setup error

My Intel driver & support assistant told me that Intel ME needs to update(Ver: ME_Consumer_Win10_1950.14.0.1443), but when download finished and processing setup, alway jupm out message told me that “a serious error occurred during installation” setup failed. I try to several times but still failed. so I don't know wthat's wrong. kindly need to help. 

Computer: NUC8i7HVK

setup logs as attached

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

It looks like the uninstall of the previous version of the package is failing. I suggest that you try,

1. Download the package. You can get  it from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28215/Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-Windows-...
  2. Disable any usage of TPM and/or Bitlocker.
  3. Reboot.
  4. Run the installer package.
  5. Reboot.
  6. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I got same error message when I used an older version of Windows 10.

1. I tried to install DCH version of MEI in Windows 10 x64 1703 and earlier. Installation failed because the INF file in MEI blocked 1703 and earlier. 

2. I tried to install non-DCH version of MEI in Windows 10 x64 1703 and earlier. Installation failed because the INF file in MEI did not have information of latest iGPU.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Here update the solution,

I still can not uninstall Intel ME in windows uninstall program, so I download the softwear(IObit Uninstaller) to forced removal of Intel ME and registry, then I install the new version of Intel ME and software is now running normally.

Thanks a lot Scott!

0 Kudos