My Intel driver & support assistant told me that Intel ME needs to update(Ver: ME_Consumer_Win10_19220.127.116.113), but when download finished and processing setup, alway jupm out message told me that “a serious error occurred during installation” setup failed. I try to several times but still failed. so I don't know wthat's wrong. kindly need to help.
setup logs as attached
Thanks in advance.
It looks like the uninstall of the previous version of the package is failing. I suggest that you try,
- Download the package. You can get it from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28215/Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-Windows-...
- Disable any usage of TPM and/or Bitlocker.
- Run the installer package.
Hope this helps,
Here update the solution,
I still can not uninstall Intel ME in windows uninstall program, so I download the softwear(IObit Uninstaller) to forced removal of Intel ME and registry, then I install the new version of Intel ME and software is now running normally.
Thanks a lot Scott!
I got same error message when I used an older version of Windows 10.
1. I tried to install DCH version of MEI in Windows 10 x64 1703 and earlier. Installation failed because the INF file in MEI blocked 1703 and earlier.
2. I tried to install non-DCH version of MEI in Windows 10 x64 1703 and earlier. Installation failed because the INF file in MEI did not have information of latest iGPU.