Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMuft
Beginner

Intel nuc5i7ryh doesn't boot pas black 'intel nuc' screen and then shuts off and starts back up indefinetely.

I've had this intel nuc for two years or something, and about a week ago it started to shut down randomly.

I updated my bios to try and resolve the issue, but during that reboot it started shutting down and starting back up automatically, without me getting past the 'intel nuc' screen.

It did however give me the option to open the bios menu via f2. So I did and changed the boot from UEFI to Legacy and for some reason it worked.

After using my computer for the rest of the day, windows asks me to shut down and update, so I did.

Unfortunately, when I started it up today, it didn't boot anymore, but just shuts on and off automatically, until I hold down the power button. I honestly don't know what to do, because it doesn't even give me any options to open my boot or BIOS menu. It also doesn't do anything when I press f2 or whatever.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DMuft
Beginner

And now it suddenly does work and finished the windows 10 update. I think I will never fully understand computers...

idata
Community Manager

Hello OGMufti,

Thank you for joining the Intel® NUC Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

Please let's try with a BIOS recovery, find the latest BIOS here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27230/BIOS-Update-RYBDWi35-86A-?product=87570 Download BIOS Update [RYBDWi35.86A] and the steps for the recovery here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005532/mini-pcs.html BIOS Recovery Update Instructions for Intel® NUC

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy C.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/121185 OGMufti,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

DMuft
Beginner

Yes, I'm sorry I forgot to reply. I did the BIOS recovery and everything worked fine.

Since then I did something that completely messed up my computer, but that was on microsoft's part.

The only assistence I now require is merely psychological, but I don't expect you to help me with that. ;)

Thanks for the advice.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/121185 OGMufti, thank you for letting me know that. I am glad to hear it worked.

Regards,

Amy C.