Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CLo_F
Beginner

Intel nuc6cays doesn't turn on after I upgraded the bios, what can I do?

Hi, I upgraded my intel nuc6cays with the latest Bios (AY0057.bio) but now it doesn't turn on. I have to try several times (6 - 10 times) to have it turn on. This does not seem normal to me and would like some assistance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hell0 @CLoF ,

Turn OFF "Turn on fast startup" in Windows Power Settings.

Leon

CLo_F
Beginner

I just did, and it doesn't change anything. Same issue

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What BIOS did you have on there previously? You may want to go back and reinstall BIOS 57 using the BIOS Recovery method. You will then want to go into BIOS Setup (Visual BIOS) and reset the BIOS configuration. If that doesn't alleviate the problem, try disconnecting the battery from the board for 15 minutes.

...S

CLo_F
Beginner

The Bios I previously had was 052 but with the BIOS 057 it won't allow me to go back to the previous version (052) again . In regards, to removing the CMOS battery if I touch it I will lose my warranty on the NUC and I don't want that. Besides that I don't know how to disassemble my Intel Nuc6cays again I am not willing to play around with to only lose my warranty. I have also tried to use a different HDMI cable, and changed the on-board memory stick with another one but nothing changes. Any help will be appreciated.

n_scott_pearson

No one said go back to 52. I said reinstall BIOS 57 using the BIOS Recovery method. See here for instructions: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005532.html.

Disconnecting the battery doesn't adversely affect your warranty - though if you damage something while removing the board you certainly will.

...S

CLo_F
Beginner

I already tried these two options of recovery (both power and jumper option) and both were done properly but unfortunately the boot issue is still there with no change. In regards, to the CMOS - I don't know how take apart the board from the case to disconnect the battery so I prefer not to, with my fear of damaging it. Just for your information, I read a different post that states that disconnecting the battery does in fact impact the warranty.

n_scott_pearson

Disconnecting the battery does not affect the warranty, nor does removing the board from the chassis. I don't care what you read or where you read it; anyone saying that is incorrect -- and yes, I am aware that one of the Intel ICS reps actually said that; he is wrong (he was new). Still, if you are afraid of damaging the system while removing the board, then don't do it (because that *will* void your warranty).

We've provided you with all the remedies possible. At this point, all you can do is contact Intel Customer Support directly (i.e. via phone, forms or chat service) and arrange to have your system replaced via RMA.

...S