Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12309 Discussions

Intel's "SoftwareComponent" driver update broke virtualization on Win 11 - Hades Canyon

ladparis
Novice
All virtualization assets in Windows 11 (WSL, Hyper-V and WSA) used to work perfectly on my Intel Hades Canyon until today (01/05/2022). I have not installed any software nor made any hardware change nor rebooted.
Now all of them report a message telling me to enable virtualization in BIOS (it is obviously enabled), or enable the hypervisor in Windows (it is obviously enabled).
The only change I can find is an automatic update "Intel - SoftwareComponent - 1.63.1155.1", that happened today.
How do I roll it back? (It does not appear in the list of possible rollbacks I access from the Windows Update settings screen).
Many thanks in advance for your help.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello ladparis,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

Download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

It is important for you to know that there is no way to roll back windows updates, in this case, you can try using a restoring point to return the system to a specific restore point and check if the issue disappears. 

Also, be sure to doublecheck that the virtualization setting is enabled in the BIOS, you can find it under "Security Features" 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

JosueO_Intel

Hello ladparis,

We understand you have opened a web case with us and we will continue to help you through that channel now. We will therefore close this community case. Thank you.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician