Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel wifi driver is not visible in 'Network adapters' for my Dell (Windows 10, Version 1909) laptop

Hi,

Today morning I suddenly faced the wifi issue. There was no wifi option available in 'Network and internet Setting'. Later on, I found driver itself is not available in network adapters section under device manager. So I freshly installed the driver and installation was successful but still faced the same issue and driver is not visible. I did multiple times reboot also but the same issue.

I ran diagnostics (by pressing F12 during startup), and hardware test was successful(not sure what all area it covers).

I dont know much about network adapter and need your advice/help to troubleshoot this problem. Please help me as this issue is impacting my work. I can access internet through Ethernet and there is no issue with LAN.

Let me know if any further input is needed from my side.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted

RJain29, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the Intel® Wireless card?

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

When did the issue start?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks @AlbertR_Intel​  for looking into this issue.

As requested please find the details:-

What is the model of the motherboard? --> Inspiron 5558

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? --> Dell Inspiron 5558

What is the model of the Intel® Wireless card? --> Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

What is the model of the Router? --> ZXHN F602W (ZTE corporation)

Is this a new computer? --> No, Laptop is 4 years old.

Was it working fine before? --> Yes, It was working fine, Suddenly this issue occurred.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? --> Recently no hardware changes.

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer? --> It was installed on my computer.

When did the issue start? --> 2 days back, issue started.

Let me know if any further input is needed and many many thanks :)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

wifi_disabled.PNGDriver_working_snip.PNGdriver_events_1.PNGwifi_connected.PNG

Hi @[AlbertR_Intel]

21-Jun-2020 Update:-

Somehow driver name is visible now in Network Adapter(See attached snip). I did multiple times reboot also, & it is consistent. I captured the event logs also for further troubleshooting if needed. 

Now problem is my, wifi is getting disconnected again and again. Also shows 'no wifi networks found' (in actual, there are networks available).

To overcome this problem, I executed Windows Network Troubleshooter and it is resolving the issue by resetting the wireless adapter and issue is getting resolved but only for few mins after that again same issue is occurring. If I disable the wifi from Network connection(Control Panel-->Network connection, see snip), and enable the wifi adapter, then also issue is getting resolved but for few mins after that facing the same. Attaching snips..

Also today I upgraded my windows to latest version Windows 10 v2004.

But same issue I am facing after upgrading also.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

RJain29, Thank you very much for providing that information.

We always recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was heavily customized by them work with your specific platform.

So, what we can try now is a clean installation on the Wireless driver provided and validated by Dell which is version 21.10.1.1488, A07:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=400ff&oscode=wt64a&productco... 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki...

Go ahead and install that Wireless driver and once you get the chance please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello RJain29, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello RJain29, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi @Alberto_R_Intel1 

Sorry for delay response. I tried to update this case on 23rd June but some up-gradation work was going on the website.

Coming to the issue. As suggested, on 22th June, i installed the manufacture provided dell driver and after that Issue was resolved. The point is to note here, when I was installing driver directly, by double click on driver, it was giving error:- 'unsupported platform'. Then I tried different option i.e update the driver from device manager--> network adapter menu, and driver was upgraded successfully and issue was resolved.

Next morning, when I powered on my laptop, then again driver name was not there and the same issue I faced. Now condition is, I can not install driver from scratch as it gives error. I can not upgrade because currently there is no driver available(no update option).

This issue is intermittent i.e sometimes I face sometimes not. Root cause still not known.

Let me know if any logs is needed from my side.

Please suggest me and re-open the case if possible.

Regards,

Rohit Jain 

0 Kudos