Beginner

Intel wireless 9560d2w removal

Hello 

i have intel nuc kit nuc8i7beh

it has an onboard intel 9560d2w chip soldered down CRF module

After removing it the board stdby led is on but the system won't power up

any solution how to bypass the cnvi check on crf module

or any help with removal of the onboard chip

i tried disabling it in bios before removal but same error no power when pressing the power button after removal

i have 35 nuc's and i need to remove the wifi totally from them i lost 2 till now 

thanks all 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel1
Employee

Mhakhras, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, just to let you know, to remove the Intel® Wireless card from the Intel® NUC is not something that we recommend to do since it will avoid the warranty on the Intel® NUC, we actually suggest to use the device under stock configuration with the default settings.

However, I will do further research on this matter to confirm if we can help you with the information that you are looking for, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Alberto_R_Intel1
Employee

Mhakhras, I just received an update on this matter.

After reviewing the case, we can confirm that since removing the wireless card from the Intel® NUC is not recommended and will void the warranty on the unit, there are actually no files or documents that we can provide with the information that you are looking for, it is out of our scope since you are modifying the Intel® NUC so there will be assistance through this channel in that regard.

However, if you only disable the Intel® Wireless card in the BIOS the Intel® NUC still should work properly, it should go on when you press the power button.
Did you try a BIOS update to the latest version 0087 using the F7 method and the after that disable the Wireless card in the BIOS?
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005636/intel-nuc.html
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30154/BIOS-Update-BECFL357-

Regards,

Albert R.

Alberto_R_Intel1
Employee

Hello Mhakhras, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Alberto_R_Intel1
Employee

Hello Mhakhras, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter. As an alternative, you can always keep on checking the Intel® community for another peer that may provide additional assistance on this topic.

Regards,

Albert R.