BIOS Update [HNKBLi70.86A]
Description: This download record provides options for updating the BIOS of Intel® NUC Kits NUC8i7HNK and NUC8i7HVK.
Release date: September 3, 2020
Size: 7.42 MB
• Updated ME FW version to 184.108.40.20622
• Updated BIOS code for security fixes.
• Fixed issue where “Native ACPI OS PCIe Support can’t be enabled
in BIOS if Thunderbolt Controller is enabled”.
• Fixed issue with SGX driver v220.127.116.11 causing “System BSoD
during restart Windows 10 20H1 (2004)”.
• Fixed issue to able to read storage Admin Passwords created using
older BIOS versions.
• Added feature to be able to set BIOS passwords on (2) storage
units installed independently.
• Fixed issue when S4/S5 settings were not saved in BIOS.
• Fixed issue where “Set default Family Name” for Microsoft
• Fixed issue to display “Energy star logo”.
• Fixed issue to display “Press F12 for network service boot” in
I tried a brand new Seagate Firecuda 520 NVMe PCIe 4.0 with HV BIOS 0062 and had no issues booting the system. BIOS saw the drive fine under the SATA tab in both slots running at PCIe 3.0 speeds. Flashed to BIOS 0063 using F7 Flash update key, still booted fine after it finished. Booted to Windows USB installer and installed 20H1 (2004) clean without issues.
What OS are you using? Did you disable Secure Boot (you shouldn't have to since I did not)? Maybe flash to 0063 without the Seagate SSD installed first. Then put the drive in after it finishes.
Seagate FireCuda 520 ZP1000GM30002
Firmware:STNSC014 (no update available)
One thing that make my system different: additionally have m2 sata wd green installed, but not formatted, it is waiting for linux installation if i will find some free time.
But existence of not formated disk should not have impact. (at last i don't have issues on 0059/0060/0061 bios - only 0063 seems to have problem)
Looks like i found the issue.
try to put Firecuda 520 NVMe to stlot 2.
in my setup i had populated:
slot 1: wd-green SATA
slot 2: Firecuda 520 NVMe
i removed wd green from slot 1 - no effect, system still boots 1/3 try (0063)
i moved firecuda to slot 1 - system boots 5/5 ( 0063 )
i moved firecuda back to slot 2 and downgraded bios to 0059
system boots 5/5
problem is not on OS level, it not reach boot loader even.
Secure boot enabled , widnows 10 pro 19041.508
That is very strange. I didn't have any issues booting with the Firecuda SSD in either slot. But it was the only drive in the system at the time. As far as the HDD Delay working, I wonder if the SATA SSD was needing more time to respond at POST and that is why it was failing? Make sure your drives have the latest firmware installed just in case. WD makes software to check this. Not sure if Seagate does.