Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Is HDMI 2.0a of nuc10i5 backward compatible HDMI 1.4a?

Is HDMI(2.0a) of nuc10i5 backward compatible HDMI 1.4a? Can we downgrade it to HDMI 1.4a. It seems that the existing video devices does not fully support HDMI 2.0a and the video singal will be lost after the NUC rebooted. We need un-plug and plug the HDMI cable to reconnect it. But the case does not happen when we use nuc5i5.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Yes, it is backwards compatible. No, you do not need to do that.

What NUC does the problem occur with?

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and save the report to a file. Then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box, upload and attach this file to a response post.

...S

P.S. Let me be very clear: Saying NUC5i5 is completely unacceptable. It tells us nothing! There are multiple NUC models that this phrase could be referring to. You need to learn how to do it properly. Tomorrow (when the other Intel servers are working again), read this article: Intel NUC Product Code Naming Convention.

Highlighted
New Contributor I

I am using NUC10i3FNH. When I connect NUC to my QHD 144Hz monitor, I need to use HDMI 2.0 mode instead of compatibility mode, because my monitor will lose video signal in compatibility mode.

When I connect NUC to my UHD TV, the TV automatically switches to HDMI 2.0 mode instead of compatibility mode.

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi hhalo,

How do you change to HDMI 2.0 mode when you are using QHD 144Hz monitor?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I use the monitor OSD to select HDMI 2.0 mode. 

0 Kudos