Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSrin13
Beginner

Is NUC5CPYH Support what are the Windows Embedded OS? Why Recovery screen appear while un proper shutdown in WES?

Recovery WES8.1.jpgI was installed Windows embedded 7 in NUC5CPYH, USB 3.0 driver not found. so i was go with windows embedded 8.1. Perfectly installed. But unproper shutdown getting blue screen restart error. Actually it is not supposed to happen for windows embedded, why is it happening?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello SSrin13,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

If this error only happens when the system is not properly turned off then please make sure that the system is turned off correctly. Also, for reference, please refer to the link below so you can see the different operating systems tested with your specific Intel ® NUC: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005628/mini-pcs.html

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

SSrin13
Beginner

Hi,

I know its happened becos of the system is not properly shutdown. I was shown the recovery screen when power cut manually more than 2 or 3 times.

But it is not supposed to happen for WINDOWS EMBEDDED OS , why is it happening?

regards,

Saraswathi Srinath

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello SSrin13,

Thank you for your response.

The message that shows in that blue screen is expected in the O.S because in fact, the system was not turned off properly so, in other words, it is expected. You can always try contacting Microsoft* and ask if it is expected in the specific embedded Operating System.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

SSrin13
Beginner

Hi David,

I will contact Microsoft forms and ask the same. Thank you for your quick support.

regards,

Saraswathi Srinath