I have an Intel Skull Canyon rune Windows 10 Pro and following Windows 10 updates, I started having problems with bluetooth operation for my keyboard and mouse. I find every time I restart, the driver fails and I then need to plug in USB mouse and keyboard to uninstall the driver and check for hardware changes. Without fault, it always starts and I can then use my bluetooth devices. As I travel quite a lot, it would mean I always need to carry an extra mouse and keyboard - so very annoying.
The fact the the driver (eventually) starts and everything is working implies to me that there is no underlying hardware problem. There just seems to be something influencing the BT driver at startup.
Is anyone else seeing similar behaviour?
I have done updates to the latest Intel bios, drivers etc.
Thanks for looking into this. I managged to connect to a S8 Galaxy phone. Same problem. The BT subsystem is in a stopped state shortly after startup and never hooks up to anything unless I uninstall the driver and then search for new hardware. The log from the event view is cryptic:
Log Name: System
Date: 30/03/2019 5:32:26 AM
Event ID: 17
Task Category: None
The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded.
<Provider Name="BTHUSB" />
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-03-30T04:32:26.991739200Z" />
I have attached the toolkit log file.
Thanks. Almost fixed it. It was set to manual. I had to change the Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service to Auto as well and then the devices were available after restart.
I have a second Skull Canyon and all the bluetooth services are manual - so it seems to be the default configuration. In case of the first NUC, I had previously installed another bluetooth adapter (I was having performance problems with the iternal BT). This is no longer present (hardware blew up), but perhaps it left behind some sort of software remnant. I also have the custom Jabra bluetooth adapter, but this has been in the system for a while without causing issues.
Anyway, it seems to be fixed for the moment.