Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Is it possible to upgrade my wifi module with AX200 ? I have NUC8i7BEH

Hello everybody 😅 , is it possible to switch from the old AC 9560 to AX200 ?

If not possible if the card is soldered, maybe on the M.2 port ?

In fact i would like to keep the M.2 port to upgrade with a faster Nvme SSD instead of a normal SSD 😑...I guess there is no such USB 3.0 AX200 module out now...even, with that kind of speeds with AX, USB 3.0 would be enough for bandwidth ?

Thanks everyone for the answer. 😀

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Hello Frenchieman971,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

Performing a wireless hardware integration is subject to country-specific legal regulations. An Intel® Wireless Adapter installed in a system that is being sold on the market does not necessarily mean that same wireless adapter, or a newer one, can be used or installed in any other systems.

In addition, the integration may not work due to the following reasons:

1. Hardware/software compatibility issues or dependencies.

2. Manufacturer limitations.

3. Driver limitations.

For these reasons, Intel does not recommend performing a wireless hardware upgrade in Intel® NUC kits NUC8i7BEH.

Now, the M.2 port you are referring to is reserved for storage modules supporting M.2 2242 and M.2 2280 (key type M) only. We do not recommend trying to use it to install a wireless network module.

Regarding the USB 3.0 Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200, the form factors currently available for Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 are M.2 2230, M.2 1216. Having said that, we encourage the Community peers to provide you with more information that may be helpful based on their experience.

Regards,

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello, thank you for your answer, i'd like to clarify that i live in France and i already have 10gbe equipment in TB 3 from OWC and an ASUS AX-88U Wifi 6. I know some people replace old wifi cards on their laptops with this https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB16brceA9E3KVjSZFGq6A19XXa1.jpg or this https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB12PMBcRKw3KVjSZTEq6AuRpXa7.jpg and i was expecting a possibility to ugrade on a system as new as the NUC8i7BEH that i bought this year on march...it's soldered on the board right ?

I guess there is nothing available right now for external usb 3.0 AX200 or TB 3.0 dongle AX200 Wifi 6 right ?

Is there a newer product that already have the AX200 integrated ? Thank you for your kind answer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Frenchieman971,

Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 adapters in Intel® NUC Kits NUC8i7BEH are soldered-down to the board.

There are currently no Intel USB 3.0 or TB3 dongles available for Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200. The only form factors currently available are M.2 2230 and M.2 1216.

Now, there may not be an official list with devices powered by Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 adapters at this moment.

For example, if you visit the Computer Systems and Devices Powered by Intel, you can view a list of Desktop/Laptop/etc. systems that may meet your needs. You may filter these lists by Intel Technologies (e.g. 802.11ac). However, there are currently no devices with Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 listed at this moment.

In this scenario, our recommendation is that you can contact an Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) to obtain more information about their products.

Computer Manufacturer Support Websites

Regards,

Wanner G.

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks a lot for your precise answers sir.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Frenchieman971,

Thank you for your feedback. It is highly appreciated.

We will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.